Which comedians do you not get?

ack-ack

Hmm there's lots of well known ones I don't really get. The women just don't seem to drop them right like the blokes can either.

But the ones I like are tommy cooper( my dad got me into that) I still have it on video, yes VHS. Jethro love him, thonk thats just the accent tho. I like lee evans ive just seen him on his new tour and the content was all new and had me howling for the whole show. Al Murray can sometimes be ok. Brian Conley used to get have me howling a few times

Edited by dan-250

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfunny - Lenny Henry, Lee Evans, Jo Brand.

Quality Comics - Bill Bailey (Boo i hear you say), Frankie Boyle (Vulgar and disgusting but also frighteningly funny) and Jerry Sadowitz - Absolutely cutting humour with some quality magic thrown in for good measure.

It's funny how comics go in and out of fashion - 20 years ago, it was all about Jimmy Jones, Chubby Brown, Jim Davison and Bernard Manning - All now thankfully on the scrapheap.

Bizarrely, one of the funniest nights i've ever had was back in 92, watching Des O'Connor on stage while i was on holiday in Torquay - Something like a 4 hour show that you could have taken your mum and your nan to, but had me and my girlfriend busting a gut laughing.

Unfunny - Lenny Henry, Lee Evans, Jo Brand.

Quality Comics - Bill Bailey (Boo i hear you say), Frankie Boyle (Vulgar and disgusting but also frighteningly funny) and Jerry Sadowitz - Absolutely cutting humour with some quality magic thrown in for good measure.

It's funny how comics go in and out of fashion - 20 years ago, it was all about Jimmy Jones, Chubby Brown, Jim Davison and Bernard Manning - All now thankfully on the scrapheap.

Bizarrely, one of the funniest nights i've ever had was back in 92, watching Des O'Connor on stage while i was on holiday in Torquay - Something like a 4 hour show that you could have taken your mum and your nan to, but had me and my girlfriend busting a gut laughing.

Lenny Henry always was and always will be utter whack. Him and Dawn French were a match made in heaven.

I used to love Boyles stuff as it was very dark but there was an honesty to it. After tramadol nights he's not on my fave list anymore, that said he did wheel out some hilarious gags during that but it was generally too shocking and not funny. Felt a bit let down.

Sadowitz is a legend and he's touring again. Pallbearers revue was a great series though at the time he was a bit too close to the bone for the TV.

Talking about Des O'connor, its mad how somebody you'd always dismissed can have the power to surprise. My old fella hated Monkhouse so we never watched him when he came on. In my twenties I listened to him without knowing when he was on Radio 4 and couldn't stop laughing. Some of his gags were filth but he always let you work that bit out for your self rather than turn the air blue. A true comedy legend.

Yes definitely the worst. Just as aside, I was taken years ago to see Mike Harding at the Victoria Palace theatre in London. I had never even really heard of him but he had the place in fits, just standing there telling stories about when he was a kid in the cubs and stuff like that. Thats real comedy skill, no swearing or silly faces. I can honestly say I have never laughed so much. whats happened to him now? He's still around, I know because I have just googled him but he's probably much better than many listed on here who seem to get on the TV all the time.

He's still working. Did a show last winter to raise money for cancer research after a friend of mine's wife died of cancer. My friend has done the sound for his shows for years.

He lives in Ireland now and has a place in Yorkshire. He still does a folk music programme for the BBC.