REDRING SHOTGUN SIGHT

STOCKY A391

Hello all,

Have seen these advertised in a shooting magazine today and wondered peoples thoughts on them, could see a possible benefit for game shooting in low light , but would it be an unfair advantage when shooting clays ? Sorry i cannot post a link as yet but not that computer savvy i'm afraid!

Stocky.

For the link just copy and paste from the address bar at the top of browser into the text should start "http://" etc

http://www.redringsight.com/

I would say it's snake oil without trying it

Few things from the video "the ring matches the pattern at 20m" no mention of choke or cart load at all? shooting a moving target the lead is the key it adds nothing to judging lead just chunks of metal to block peripheral vision.

Edited by HDAV

Had a bit of poking fun at this product on my Facebook page a few weeks back.

A well known PW ex open winner summed it up by offering to sell me a polo mint and some blu-tack but his student based agent wanted too big of a mark up though. :hmm:

In all seriousness someone pointed out he missed a clay on the video, it might show where the shot is being placed on a stationary target at so many yards, but pretty useless once angles or speed are introduced for the target & therefore lead needed.

The target it does benefit could easily be done by sitting the bead on them anyway.

:good:

Edited by timps

After watching the video I very much doubt that they would be of much use or an advantage for clay or rough shooting. They might be fine if your target is stationary and at 20 yards but with a moving target the crucial thing is balancing the lead compared to the speed and range of your "target". Also, as has been said, what about when you are using different chokes or cartridge loads which can change the pattern quite considerably, nothing is mentioned about that?

I am not the best or most experienced shot with a shotgun but I managed to improve my shooting with an O/U by adding a Ruby Optic Sight, but I gather that even these are not everyones cup of tea!

Only in america :lol::lol::lol:

Probably the worst 'sight' i have ever seen and pretty useless in reality.

That's only because you want to sell your polo mint & blu-tack version at hugely inflated prices instead. The fruit polo's for different light conditions are a good idea I grant you that though. :)