when will it snow

cocker3

This year I'm looking forwards to it more than usual as my son is old enough to go sledging and I have a road legal quad to use when mrs gixer takes the landy everytime there is a sprinkle of snow!

I'm thinking a sledge tied to the back of the quad could be fun this year!!! :)

Regards,

Gixer

When he's a bit older try our alternative to water skiing, son on a pair of secondhand ski pulled along by my quad - just find a frozen lake with a slope :lol:

Does anybody else get a little box or bag together with some 'snowed-in with the car' essentials in it? A bit like an emergency snow kit?!?

Wife was a bit 'niffed' by the snow kit I put in for her Jimny but it's a bit of a toy, a kiddy sandcastle bucket & spade :good:

I toolup for snow with added 'man-points' L200 with chains in the back, rear winch, chainsaws (no use in snow but good for man-points) shovels. etc :lol: Yep bring it on

Does anybody else get a little box or bag together with some 'snowed-in with the car' essentials in it? A bit like an emergency snow kit?!?

Yes, I have some Kendal Mint Cake, 30 laminated copies of Razzle and a box of Kleenex under the back seat. :yp:

I've gotta get a bin lid and polish it like on the grizwolds family Christmas this year , top film haha why buy sledges, there easy to make, mine goes like a bullet on hard pack where cars have been.

In Oxford last year the cops used their riot shields to sledge down hill, letting the local yobs have a go, magic stuff snow - as per normal they got a rollocking :good:

Edited by Conygree

I'm quite looking forward to a bit of snow, as long as it is in moderation! I don't want several feet of snow now that I have sold the 4X4 but 6 inches would be nice. A layer of snow gives us a great chance to see exactly what vermin (Including poachers) and game is moving on our permissions.

The added bonus is that if you come home cold and damp from a shooting expedition in the snow you can jump in a hot shower and ask the wife to join you to "help get your circulation going again" - Oh want fun! :lol::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

I'm quite looking forward to a bit of snow, as long as it is in moderation! I don't want several feet of snow now that I have sold the 4X4 but 6 inches would be nice. A layer of snow gives us a great chance to see exactly what vermin (Including poachers) and game is moving on our permissions.

The added bonus is that if you come home cold and damp from a shooting expedition in the snow you can jump in a hot shower and ask the wife to join you to "help get your circulation going again" - Oh want fun! :lol::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

i think we may well have a mild winter this year with lots of rain...but we,ll see.

I think you might be right...Normally the birds from Scandanavia would have been well on the way to stripping the bushes by now, but they are still mainly in their native habitats and not started on the Migrations yet which is normally a sign that the Weather is set fair. They dont normally get it wrong. ;)

Edited by Fisherman Mike