getting more ferrets

flash

at the moment my sister has two ferrets(both jills and both neutered), she isnt to sure about ferreting with them as she is worried about lsing them. so i was wandering if it is ok to get another ferret that would live with them. i would get another jill as i prefer them to hobs, and i have been told they are better for ferreting(not sure though), botht the ferrets we have now are about 9 months old.

cheers

flash

Do it,they should get on fine together.Jills are smaller and tend to get through the nets easier but can be defeated by a long day and a tough Buck who won`t budge(usually as the light fades :no: )

However I would go for a jill but don`t give her a long days work,as she will end up too shattered.

8 weeks+ and they will be weaned........you then need to wean them off your fingers :no:

my sisiters still enjoy the odd nip of a finger, well one of them anyway. the only barrier between me and a new ferret is the parents, now but they probably will sucumb if i use it as a bribe for MY gcse, and if i pay ofr it to be 'done'.i may even get a PW brand ferret if im lucky :no::good:

cheers

flash

hopefully if im allowed them, i wazs wandering if anyone local to me, within maybe half hour to hours drive has any ferrets for sale. younguns only. not colour preferences apart from no albinos as they are what my sister has and they are already inpossible to tell apart. :good:

cheers

flash

ps. preferably from a working background(parent wise)

i know all ferrets have the capability to work, which could be the same as dogs, you also get show ferrets which may have been bred for looks. i may be wrong but this is what i heard.

and also if the parents are good workers the kits probably are as well.

cheers

flash

thanks for clearing it up, i must have sounded like a right ***.

so on to the other question does anyone know of any litters in and around surrey.

cheers

flash

:no: lifes all about learning mate :good:

if i hear of anything i will let u know mate :good:

I often see ferret kits going for free in the friday add as a lot of people with jills have a litter off them to bring them out of season and then can't sell them because everyone else is doing the same so they start giving them away for free. So thats always worth a try

Interesting to note the comments on Jills versus Hobs for working. I use predominantly Jills but on occasion when I've netted up a bury which I feel sure has rabbits resident and the Jills have been to every hole I will put the hob in for good measure. I've lost count of the times he's pushed out a couple of rabbits that the jills have missed. There is a view that hobs will work deeper than jills but I'm not sure if that is why, it doesn't always work but I've had a lot of rabbits I'd otherwise have missed if I hadn't run him through.

Interesting to note the comments on Jills versus Hobs for working. I use predominantly Jills but on occasion when I've netted up a bury which I feel sure has rabbits resident and the Jills have been to every hole I will put the hob in for good measure. I've lost count of the times he's pushed out a couple of rabbits that the jills have missed. There is a view that hobs will work deeper than jills but I'm not sure if that is why, it doesn't always work but I've had a lot of rabbits I'd otherwise have missed if I hadn't run him through.
do the same roost the hobs clean up well but dont use them first because its usually a dig with my hob

had ferrets most of my life and find gills work better,thats what i think i have 2 but getting 2 more this year they cant work to long,so the more the better,my mate up the farm breeds about 60 a year so they come eazy for me.

We usually take about a dozen out with us, hobs and jills, sometimes have four or five working one big bury at the same time. Boy do those bunnies fly !!