suzuki vitara

Davyo

seen grand vitara td on 02 plate and have noticed that the interior.ie, the dash layout changed on the 03 model, which one is best? will it be sensible to go for the 03 onwards???, Also will only do around 4,000 miles as this will be second car & only used for shooting.Also due to only doing low miles would it sensible to go for the petrol 1.6

Edited by Davyo

seen grand vitara td on 02 plate and have noticed that the interior.ie, the dash layout changed on the 03 model, which one is best? will it be sensible to go for the 03 onwards???, Also will only do around 4,000 miles as this will be second car & only used for shooting.Also due to only doing low miles would it sensible to go for the petrol 1.6

I have just bought a 2003 grand vitara LWB 2L petrol, I needed a replacement for my old surf (which I loved)this car will be my shooting wagon and also a second car if needed, I looked at the 1.6 short wheel base 3 door job and found them to small for my needs not particularly good on juice and a very harsh drive, I then looked at a 2003 5 door LWB with 40k on the clock, room is much better but still needs the rear seats down for decent space, ride is better but still bouncy ( maybe me not being used to it) and it's quite basic ie grey seats grey plastic etc, does about 34-5 to the gall so not exactly frugal, BUT it's just about mint, engine is as quiet as (check for cam belt noise) and the best bit I picked it up for £2.600 IE a lot of motor for your money :good:

4 wheel drive works well change is slick and not over fussy and although I have not fully tested it yet it seems it will get me where I want with ease, shop around there are bargains to be had and like said value for money wise these cars are a bargain, so if you want comfort and finesse stick another 10k on the price.

KW

I have just bought a 2003 grand vitara LWB 2L petrol, I needed a replacement for my old surf (which I loved)this car will be my shooting wagon and also a second car if needed, I looked at the 1.6 short wheel base 3 door job and found them to small for my needs not particularly good on juice and a very harsh drive, I then looked at a 2003 5 door LWB with 40k on the clock, room is much better but still needs the rear seats down for decent space, ride is better but still bouncy ( maybe me not being used to it) and it's quite basic ie grey seats grey plastic etc, does about 34-5 to the gall so not exactly frugal, BUT it's just about mint, engine is as quiet as (check for cam belt noise) and the best bit I picked it up for £2.600 IE a lot of motor for your money :good:

4 wheel drive works well change is slick and not over fussy and although I have not fully tested it yet it seems it will get me where I want with ease, shop around there are bargains to be had and like said value for money wise these cars are a bargain, so if you want comfort and finesse stick another 10k on the price.

KW

Cheers, mate was thinking of looking at the 2LtD (5 door), as had a look in the rear of the 1.6 and it seemed smaller than the back of my fiesta that i use at the moment, not looking for total off roading.Just want to be able to pull off the country lane's so i don't cause an obstruction if you know what i mean & also the lanes don't usually see any grit or snow ploughing so in the fiesta pulling into the side can usualy mean getting stuck.Space should be ok as long as i can drop 1 of the rear seats.

Edited by Davyo

i running a old 20ltd on a n plate and you can't get a better motor for good windows to shoot from, more room in the front than any landy i have had the missfortune to drive (hate them),

its a wee bit hard on the gas when in 4wd, but i still love it to bits,

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3559/vitara004.jpg

got a 2" lift on it to make sure we don't get into any bother (touch wood never managed to get into any bother yet :) )

bob.

LWB 5 door, enough room , basic but reliable. Except for 2.0TD, the newer ones have Peugeot engines and they're tempremental. (I know as I have one)

Get the petrol.

Great off road, mine goes Anywhere :-) (AT tyres though)

Lot of car for the money and cheap for bits and mods.

Good luck

Ive got an 02 grand vitara SWB 1.6 petrol. Around 32-35mpg if i stick to 55ish. Tried everywhere to get stuck on my permissions and havent yet. Just got road tyres on at the moment but i find it great as my 1st 4x4. I just fold the back seats down and i can get all my pigeon shooting gear in + my 2 mates. Cant complain. Can anyone suggest any good tyres suitable for road & mud?