Lanber Sporter

smilersmiff

As soon as my SC arrives I will be looking to buy a gun,but with so many about I dont really know what to go for.

I am looking for something of an allrounder, used for clays and rough shooting.

I have read good reviews on the Lanber Sporter and would like to hear your views on the gun.

Should I go for new or secondhand ?

What should I expect to pay for a good condition example ?

Lanbers are quite heavy in my experience, I had a Bettinsoli Diamond which I recently sold and it was lighter than most sporters but not more punchy as would be expected. Its a better all rounder in my opinion and also cheaper than the Lanbers when I bought it. A high quality gun that is under rated and super reliable, never missed a beat in two years with me. :good:

I picked up a miruko mk70 about three months ago,had quite a few over unders over the years and to be fair this gun does everything i need its a peach,i paid 750 in as new condition and its not a year old yet,be aware of bettinsolis i have had three, the rebound springs are to strong and can give missfires,once they are changed they are fine.

I have had my lanber for 6 years . It's my clay gun my rough gun and my game gun . It shoots where it's pointed . If I miss it's my fault . It has never had a misfire and at that money if I scratch it whilst out in the field it's not going to break my heart

Come new with a 5 year warranty . As long as it fits then go for it .

People will tell you to buy a second hand Browning or Beretta but all guns can fail at any time and parts are freely available

whats that all about :hmm:

About twenty years ago, one of the lads bought an early multi choked Lanber. He could hit clays with the bottom barrel but nothing with the top.

A few of us had a go with the same results, we decided to pattern the gun at 25 yards with the tightest chokes in the barrels, it always shot three feet to the right with whatever cartridge were loaded in the gun.

Early "cheap" multi choked guns did not always shoot where they should. I should imagine the more recent versions are all right.

A few of us had a go with the same results, we decided to pattern the gun at 25 yards with the tightest chokes in the barrels, it always shot three feet to the right with whatever cartridge were loaded in the gun.

Sounds like the gun for me, my shot never goes where the clay is so maybe if I don't actually shoot where I'm aiming I'd stand a better chance :lol: