Bear Grylls stuff

onefulham

Just got up after a week of nights, watching Sky+ Bear Grylls Wild Weekend , fun prog and I know people not keen on the guy as more in your face than Ray , but I don't mind, just an entertainment tv program.

One thing I have noticed is the product placement for BG stuff, knifes, clothes bottles etc. Same thing in The Walking Dead prog.

My question is, without an anti Bear bias, is his stuff OK, well made value for money, I know there must be a slight premium for branded stuff, but it is way over equipment and knives of a similar quality ?

Guest topshot_2k

The knives/tools are pretty tough. No doubt you can get better for the money but they are gerber made and pretty decent. No sure why there is so much hate for him, i know the program is a bit extreme/in your face but thats the producers. He's a decent guy and done plenty of stuff the arm chair warriors can only dream of.

Edited by topshot_2k

Got a bear fleece and bear survivor trousers off santa, must of been a naughty boy last year cos they are ****!! Zip went on the RHS pocket first time on and the fleece had a hole in the shoulder and in the pocket. The knives and cutting gear is as someone has said Gerber, i use gerber on a daily basis and it is good gear.

The knives/tools are pretty tough. No doubt you can get better for the money but they are gerber made and pretty decent. No sure why there is so much hate for him, i know the program is a bit extreme/in your face but thats the producers. He's a decent guy and done plenty of stuff the arm chair warriors can only dream of.

Couldn't agree more. Personally I find him way more entertaining than Ray Mears (especially when Mears is in naturalist mode :blink: ) and feel they both would manage to survive in the woods. As for who would win a fight, I really couldn't G.A.S.! :lol:

He may be "extreme" but since he's been chief scout. The waiting lists for kids to join have swelled. Anything that exposes kids to the outdoors is good for me.

If he doesn't stay out that's fine too ! He has spent longer in more extreme environments than most people on a forum will do in two lifetimes !!

Ray / Bear both have good and bad points - but that's one to save for talk over a camp fire. Personally I think it would be more fun having that beer with Bear.