grayling fishing

doo hunter

Spiders; black, orange, green or purple in shallow water. Shrimps such as the Sawyers Killer Bug for deep runs. Watch out between 11am and 1pm for rises if there is a hatch and try grey or black Klinkhammers or F Flies.

The man thing to do with grayling I find, is fish the seams between fast shallow and slower deeper water. Also, let the flies drift across the current and lift at the end of the drift. Msny a time grayling will take as the fly rises or even as it dangles at the surface as you hold the line back.

Edited by UKPoacher

I've fished for grayling for 40 years. Caught more fish on a black and peacock spider than any other fly. I seriously mean alot of fish. Might be worth trying a gold head type fly to get it down in this cold water. Grayling take well even with the fly on the dangle. Good luck.

pink !

I tied some nymphs with added pink when we fished the Test and they certainly seemed to work.

All the other grayling fishing I have done has been in Croatia and they won't so much as look at 99% of the flies you would be advised to use here, so I would seek local knowledge as well as taking advice here.

I would also get some black Klinkhamers, that's a fairly universal fly