The Gay Gene

unapalomablanca

I went to school with a boy who quite obviously gay (looking back) when he was about seven so yes I would say he was born gay. Who cares these days?

Yeah so did I, bleeding obvious when you look back that he was flaming.

And it might be genetic because throughout history gay men have bred (e.g. Oscar Wilde), they still do now. Perhaps it skips generations though.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really be genetic as such otherwise it'd be passed on through generations would it not? :oops::hmm: More likely hard wired in mentally, a bit like the type of women you happen to like?! I don't think it's a choice, just luck of the draw.

If it was genetic it would die out because gay men are much less likely to produce children.

Yes, quite an heroic response from you! I dident say i thought anyones 'sexuality' was a state of mind, i said i thought being gay was a state of mind and asked for opinions. Try reading and stop your dramatic 'you are treading on thin ground nonsense'. Its just a democratic free question and point of view, like being gay is!

And the difference is?

You are singling out gay people, assuming its a 'state of mind', like a psychological illness? How can being gay be a state of mind, but not ebing gay not be a state of mind. I'm not being dramatic, I just don't understand the need to differentiate, using pigeon psychology to label people.

So...

What do you recon? 4 pages before we drift away.....

I blame the parents! :lol::lol:

Agreed lol....is this what happens to PW when the weathers bad and the pigeons are nowhere to be found?

On a serious note, is anyone really bothered who likes who?? I have enough going on without worrying about George Michael

I thought the evidence was on a chromosome imbalance that is synonymous with the camp / effeminate gay man aka man of Suffolk.

Not too sure where the big burly YMCA types fit into the gay picture aka man of Herts.

Actually, I've sussed it - if you were born or live outside of Essex then you is batty innit

Clever!

If it was genetic it would die out because gay men are much less likely to produce children.

Not true. Cystic fibrosis is a recessive genetic condition that renders sufferers infertile. However as the gene is recessive, individuals born carrying it but not expressing it can then go on to spread their seed, so to speak. Its only when two individuals with the recessive gene do the dirty that the gene may be expressed...

However CF is far simpler in genetic terms that homosexuality will/may be.

In my view no-one is born Gay!!

Everyone has a choice in life in whatever they choose!

God made Adam for Eve and NOT Adam for Steve!

I'm sorry I'm not gonna have an argument on this matter!Its my belief and view on it!

Brining religion into an argument renders it laughable. Sorry but 7 million year old homonin fossils prove as much...

I hear some blokes are into that, stick some cards up the the local phone boxes if the pension doesn't quite cover the bills this winter!

:good:

Oh ,dont worry about me Libs I am more solvent than you will be over the next few years . Dont have to worry about paying back student loans and worrying if I can get a job after uni . Just sit back and enjoy my loverly fat pension ,not having to get up in the mornings until lunchtime then down the pub for a few wets ,hey Iam beginibg to sound like a student . Any how enjoy your sex drugs and rock and roll .

Harnser .

And the difference is?

You are singling out gay people, assuming its a 'state of mind', like a psychological illness? How can being gay be a state of mind, but not ebing gay not be a state of mind. I'm not being dramatic, I just don't understand the need to differentiate, using pigeon psychology to label people.

Dont you think there is a big difference between a hetero man and a gay man then? In your honest opinion who would you say was normal? And dont give me all this ******** about their being no such thing as normal.

There is a difference here which has not been aired between sexuality and being camp. A lot if gay men give themselves away when they speak. If it were as simple as just a sexual preference why would their voices be different? that implies other changes, physical differences.

Yeh but then if you move to the states you can get a yanky twang in no time! :lol:

Vince Green, on 19 January 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

Not true. Cystic fibrosis is a recessive genetic condition that renders sufferers infertile. However as the gene is recessive, individuals born carrying it but not expressing it can then go on to spread their seed, so to speak. Its only when two individuals with the recessive gene do the dirty that the gene may be expressed...

However CF is far simpler in genetic terms that homosexuality will/may be.

Not sure I understand your thinking on this but one thing I do know for sure, a baby will never be conceived by a bloke shooting his love potion up another blokes fudge tube. The mere thought of it is enough to make me want to puke. It’s not right, never has been and never will be. How on Earth can mankind continue if blokes do blokes and wimmin do wimmin. :no::no::no::no::no:

Vince Green, on 19 January 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

Not sure I understand your thinking on this but one thing I do know for sure, a baby will never be conceived by a bloke shooting his love potion up another blokes fudge tube. The mere thought of it is enough to make me want to puke. It’s not right, never has been and never will be. How on Earth can mankind continue if blokes do blokes and wimmin do wimmin. :no::no::no::no::no:

Genetics is an abstract field if you don't have a scientific mindset, takes a while to get your head around even the work Mendel did in the 1800s.

Mankind has continued with rife ******* for all of recorded history. The Greeks and Romans couldn't get enough of it and they seemed to do quite well! On the subject of female homosexuality, don't knock it until you have watched...

On the subject of female homosexuality, don't knock it until you have watched...

Yeah but 99.99999% of the real-life ones have faces like welder's benches don't they?

Ugh. That's always intrigued me actually, that lesbians fancying women is one thing, but why do their girlfriends always look like men? ;)

Yeah but 99.99999% of the real-life ones have faces like welder's benches don't they?

Ugh. That's always intrigued me actually, that lesbians fancying women is one thing, but why do their girlfriends always look like men? ;)

Real life lesbians are one thing. Friends who are willing to try anything for a reaction from the lads and the 'lesbians' on the internet however are a whole different kettle of very attractive fish.