crosman rabbit stopper

steve3562

hi guys have been looking at the crosman rabbit stopper in 22. for a play about really. heard good and bad things about this rifle. like needs better breach and leaks but also heard some amazing reviews on it also

: Extreemly Acurate, light, and good looking what do you guys think of hte rifle tempted on buying one to "play" with. any advice or info welcome

cheers steve :drool:

• 1 year later...

I have shot one, a few points:

Power, about 9-10ft/lb.

Scope mounts aweful, the barrel is so thin it bends with a big scope on. Breech is plastic....

Not very good all round I'm afriad.

to get out jammed CO2, just take out CO2 loading rod, cock the gun, point downwards in a safe direction and pull the trigger. The cartirge will be knocked out fine. Done that quite a bit.

There are NO sub £180 (brand new that is) air rifles powerful and accurate enough to be used as a hunting rifle!

BUY a decent secondhand rifle if you intend to take the lives of animals!

All these Chinese rifles are rubbish, as are anything CO2 powered!

That's not true. A BSA Supersport is both powerful and accurate enough. I paid £150 for mine. I'm sure there are other guns in the same price bracket that will do the job.

I have a Crosman 2240 CO2 pistol that's fine for ratting.

There are NO sub £180 (brand new that is) air rifles powerful and accurate enough to be used as a hunting rifle!

Quite frankly I have to ask of your experience with a tuned CO2 rifle, Chinese or otherwise. I rate my tuned XS78 .22 as on a par with my Air Arms S400 .22 Classic. The S400 build quality is certainly superior but so it should be in a gun that costs over £300 compared with one that cost £79. Yet after spending a worthwhile £50 having the XS78 tuned, I rate them shot for shot as rabbit hunters. If your experience is different then fair enough, that's you, but to blandly state all CO2 and all Chinese guns are rubbish is a statement without foundation and one with which thousands of users would disagree!

Quite frankly I have to ask of your experience with a tuned CO2 rifle, Chinese or otherwise. I rate my tuned XS78 .22 as on a par with my Air Arms S400 .22 Classic. The S400 build quality is certainly superior but so it should be in a gun that costs over £300 compared with one that cost £79. Yet after spending a worthwhile £50 having the XS78 tuned, I rate them shot for shot as rabbit hunters. If your experience is different then fair enough, that's you, but to blandly state all CO2 and all Chinese guns are rubbish is a statement without foundation and one with which thousands of users would disagree!

I agree with you.

My CO2 gun is great for what i use it for!

That's not true. A BSA Supersport is both powerful and accurate enough. I paid £150 for mine. I'm sure there are other guns in the same price bracket that will do the job.

I have a Crosman 2240 CO2 pistol that's fine for ratting.

You knew what it meant! Obviously some people have found good deals on decent air rifles! I'm pretty sure you've found the only example of a near 12ft/lb hunting rifle for less than £180!

So your tuned CO2 rifle is near 12ft/lb, regulated and has the accuracy of Air Arms :good:

My only intentions with that post were to stop people from buying useless underpowered air weapons as hunting rifles and heading out into the fields only to discover everything they hit runs or flies away injured, or in the case of a B2 completly unscathed. :no:

So your tuned CO2 rifle is near 12ft/lb, regulated and has the accuracy of Air Arms ???

**** :lol:

Only when thrown :lol:

Well, you see, I have both and both have been shot by my colleagues at my club. They USED to be as sceptical as you! :lol:

Each to their own i suppose!