Canoe suggestions for wife and I

ashtons99

I have 3 well 2 and a fishing Kayak

last year i spent over £500 on a tip top 3 man blow up so lots of room for 2 but i found only one of us doing any paddling its been in the water once or twice and i doubt it will come out again soon so i best get it on e bay in the summer :lol:

anyways get what you want for yourself because despite what she may say you will end up on your own when it comes out for a trip more often than not!

When you get sorted , a good river to start is the idle from start to finish, about 26 miles, a great little river and on the doorstep, going to do it myself this summer, camp at Haxey gate pub which is about half way. :good:

That sounds good, where does the idle start and finish. Im in Armthorpe I think it runs through Auckley

That sounds good, where does the idle start and finish. Im in Armthorpe I think it runs through Auckley

It starts near Markham Moor as the river Maun and runs into the river Trent at Stockwith near Misterton, dont think it goes through Auckley but must be near as it runs through Misson and Bawtry, top little river for kayaking or canoeing, if you search on the interner someone has a thread on who did it a couple of years ago, tells you everything you need to know. :good:

my brother in law who is a complete toss pot had one of those canadian canoes...he was struggling to canoe up past the menai bridge in Anglesey when i came past in my speedboat....any chance of a tow he says........next thing he knows is that he is doing 40mph towards Beaumaris,,,he was screaming like a little girl,that was 5yrs ago and he hasnt spoke to me since :lol: :lol: :lol:

mikky