Will feral pigeons work for decoying woodies

asa-95

Play around with your patterrn and see what happens on the day, there's now right and wrong way, if pigeons are coming in then turning away try moving the pattern or taking in your decks. It's just trail and error.

Having them in a house shoe has usually worked for me, facing in to the wind.

With philmypower on this one, tweeking the deek pattern, however small has made a difference everytime, years ago i thought doing that was a waste of time, as long as they were facing the wind everything was fine....time went on and i learnt otherwise.........

• 3 weeks later...

Will using feral pigeons work as decoys as use on wood pigeons.

Many thanks Asa

Also try and throw some rooks/jackdaw or magpie deeks to the outside of your pattern, this is a tried and trusted method by a lot of guys i know, it gives thepigeon more confidence to come in, plus you may get the added bonus of corvids and maggies landing. good luck!"

BB :good:

Edited by bothbarrels

...............yes and so will stock doves which at a glance could be mistaken for a young bluey to the untrained eye

Have a word with yourself mate and delete this post before the mods see it.....Stock Doves are not on the General List How some people get a Shotgun Licence is beyond me.... or is your post a wind up.