Bushnell 6500 2.5-16x50 Mil Dot

Dekers

Ok, I have asked about the Bushnells before, but I am now seriously thinking about putting my hand in my pocket, whichever way you look at it they are a few ££££.

Are they worth it, are you happy, any other scope suggestions for the same money, I am only interested in Mil dot!

Cheers.

:good:

I have one and love it :good:

Never spent loads on scopes in the past, always around the £150 - £200 mark for new so that's a sign of how good I think they are.

Good build quality, bright and clear sight picture and the zoom range is exceptional for all that I do.

Make sure you buy genuine, as there are copies around - I got mine 12 months ago from BAR for around £450.

I have got a second hand Leupold that is a great scope so maybe worth looking around for one of those as well.

The only thing with entry level Leupolds though is that they are normally not AO.

Hence why I bought second hand and got what I wanted - VX11 in 4-12x40 AO and paid £250 for it.

What are you putting it on ?

Most people (including myself) always over scope their guns.

ATB

I like Bushnell scopes and the 6500 scopes are top notch.

I have a Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 Mil-Dot scope on my Rapid 17 air-rifle and its a lovely optic.The 6500 range are better quality again!

What rifle do you intend putting it on and what purpose?If your thinking of using it for Lamping then it's a good choice because of the 50mm lens will give you good light gathering!

ATB.

I am a fan of Bushnells, between myself and my friends we must have bought about 20 different ones direct from China now and never had a problem. The ones that come from China direct are not fakes as station suggested, they are made in China. They just don't come via the US and pass through several sets of hands on the way.

I am a fan of Bushnells, between myself and my friends we must have bought about 20 different ones direct from China now and never had a problem. The ones that come from China direct are not fakes as station suggested, they are made in China. They just don't come via the US and pass through several sets of hands on the way.

Also, Vickers the UK licensed importers won't stand by the warranty as the serial numbers do not match theirs.

You may find that there are more than one company in China making them - as in the genuine one and several copy companies.

Remember, China makes some very good products as well as being the copy capital of the world, so you might just find I am correct.

You can save money, but at what cost in the long term.

Buy British (or at least Chinese from a Brit) :lol:

ATB

Elites are made in Japan, and are pretty good. Personally I'd get the tactical 6-24x50 as it is the line which was the 4200 series. I did not have a good experience with a 4.5-30 Bushnell, but the lower mag may be better. The 6-24 got a good write up on sniper central mind, and some other folk have also said good things.

My 4-16 is a very good scope also.

Also, Vickers the UK licensed importers won't stand by the warranty as the serial numbers do not match theirs.

You may find that there are more than one company in China making them - as in the genuine one and several copy companies.Remember, China makes some very good products as well as being the copy capital of the world, so you might just find I am correct.

You can save money, but at what cost in the long term.

Buy British (or at least Chinese from a Brit) :lol:

ATB

Thats basically not how chinese industry works. They are still a Communist Country, although you may be forgiven for forgetting that. All factories are owned notionally by the Goverment and they are told what they can make. The Chinese never copy their own goods although its a free for all on anybody else's products. For them to do a rip off on Bushnell scopes would be ripping off the government and they would regard that as treason.

Thats one of the safeguards when buying stuff from China. Only buy items that you know are made there, Bushnell Simmonds etc and buy it from one of the bigger sellers direct.It actually probably works better for non shooting gear, fishing gear comes to mind and things like tennis racquets.

I do take your point about the warranty but that is the risk you take. To set up a factory making fake scopes, a complicated business, would make no sense when they can get the genuine article so easily and so cheaply without the bother.

Edited by Vince Green

They do rip off bushnells as I've purchased one before and it was poor and blatantly not a genuine bushnell, China don't copy stuff that is a Chinese product but will copy anything that they make for us to be sold to us, that's what you get fakes on ebay all they do to get round it is not state that its genuine.

If you buy one buy genuine, you'll spot a fake they usually have bushnell and the scope spec written on the ocular housing and have plain turret caps instead of the one with the b on them and they look cheap in general. there are a lit of 3-9x56 on ebay and when i checked the bushnell site they didn't do that spec.

Thats basically not how chinese industry works.

Have a look on eVilbay and you'll see any number of fake Bushnells.

Here's one to start you off

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bushnell-3-9x32E-Illuminated-R-G-Tactical-Fishbone-Rifle-Scope-Optical-Gunsight-/150752948972?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item23199372ec#ht_4034wt_698

Thats basically not how chinese industry works. They are still a Communist Country, although you may be forgiven for forgetting that. All factories are owned notionally by the Goverment and they are told what they can make. The Chinese never copy their own goods although its a free for all on anybody else's products. For them to do a rip off on Bushnell scopes would be ripping off the government and they would regard that as treason.

Thats one of the safeguards when buying stuff from China. Only buy items that you know are made there, Bushnell Simmonds etc and buy it from one of the bigger sellers direct.It actually probably works better for non shooting gear, fishing gear comes to mind and things like tennis racquets.

I do take your point about the warranty but that is the risk you take. To set up a factory making fake scopes, a complicated business, would make no sense when they can get the genuine article so easily and so cheaply without the bother.

So when Bushmells were made in the USA, and a Chinese factory set up to copy them, along with all manner of other optics (Binoculars being a major one).

They simply stopped producing them when another Chinese company got the Bushnell contract ? :no:

I deal with a company that sources products from China - anything from light switches to bistro chairs.

Whether the original is Chinese, American, British or Martian, the Chineses will copy it !

Granted, somethings are made better than the original - if you are willing to pay.

And many more are out there :good:

I am great believer in - you pay yer money and you get yer goods !

Also, at the moment we should all be supporting local and national UK businesses, whether manufacture or importer.

ATB.

Edited by station