Aylesbury Meet at Fleet Marston

Bluebar

7 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a date to meet

hi all looking for pigeon shooter at upper winchingdon ford shabbington and cuddington for week days if poss

Dogsy1 that's a great offer, I'm sure you're about to be flooded with willing shooters.

Thanks for your vote and welcome to Pigeon Watch, it can get quite lively on here.

Bluebar.

Buckers,

With only three votes for the meet up at the shoot on Sunday, one being a foreigner from Essex too, perhaps it would be best to defer until the 4th March. Pretty disappointing response with only four for that as well. Apathy Rules!

As PhilR says not a great response I had hoped there might have been a few more voters... who knows perhaps there maybe a few more takers once the date has been confirmed?

So can we take it that Sunday 4th March is the more popular date?

What's the next step with the poll, does it have to be locked or does it just die after a period of time?

What time to meet 9.45? How do we recognise one another, pheasant feather behind each ear, hand on one hip? :rolleyes::/

B.

I would like to come but don't think my Tac XL would split the clays, I'd hit em but you just wouldn't see it :lol:. Haven't picked up a shotgun in 20yrs although I'm thinking about applying for my SGC, I used to trap at Fleet Marston many, many moons ago

I would like to come but don't think my Tac XL would split the clays, I'd hit em but you just wouldn't see it :lol:. Haven't picked up a shotgun in 20yrs although I'm thinking about applying for my SGC, I used to trap at Fleet Marston many, many moons ago

I am sure someone will loan you the use of a gun.

Quite apt given the shooting there <_<

Maybe picking a more exciting ground could have got a better result?

I haven't shot this ground but their sister shoot is just up the road from me and even when we slot clays regularly we wouldn't go there unless nothing else was on. That is not a criticism, just an observation.

Maybe picking a more exciting ground could have got a better result?

I haven't shot this ground but their sister shoot is just up the road from me and even when we slot clays regularly we wouldn't go there unless nothing else was on. That is not a criticism, just an observation.

The reason for suggesting Fleet Marston originally was the fact that it appeared to be roughly central to most of the posters that were showing an interest in meeting up with other PW members, not to whether it was the best venue in Bucks or not. I just thought it would be good to meet a few local posters whose posts I have read over past months.

If some us "click" after the first meet, it's probable that a second meet at a more inspiring shoot could be arranged.

I accept it may not be the best shoot in the area and the dates suggested were a bit short notice, but it's a couple of hours or so on a Sunday for not a great outlay and a chance to put some names to faces and you can laugh at the small number of clays that I manage to hit! :rolleyes::lol:

Is the meet up on, is there any chance of someone being kind enough to loan me the use of gun?

Although I'm new here its always enjoyable to meet new folks

Aaz, Beerdeor,

I'm all revved up to go, one of my lads may well tag along as well.

I'm hoping that as many of the voters for both dates will turn up with a bit of luck, it would be good to put some names to faces.

Aaz, I don't have a spare gun but I'd be happy to share mine, if you play your cards right you may get to try a few

different shotties, which is always useful when the time comes to buy later on.