2 HOURS AFTER

the pelt man

Is it expensive to have a set up like that PM?

Pedro

The only outlay is for the chiller £50-£150, if your lucky you can pick up an old bottle chiller

or Coke chiller of E-Bay or out your local E&M/Loot. Just keep your eyes open.

I'm now looking for a 6' double door drinks chiller as i will be culling a lot more Deer soon & i am able to take a good few for myself. They are good for the Rabbits as well just keep your eyes open.

PELT MAN

Nice going :angry:

Will try muntjac myself next week. keep you posted.

Hi HH

Where are you going to stalk.

Will you being using high seats ?

Its been great the last couple of months stalking through the blue bell woods with the sun coming through the trees. Moving very slow & then spotting the Muntjac walking slow nibbling away. Dont always take a shot.

Last weekend we spotted a doe walking round in circles & kept laying down then getting up again. We could see that she was going to give birth, she caught our sent so we left her to it, didn't want her to get to stressed.

Good luck anyway, you will love it.

PELT MAN

Have a go in Lincolnshire on the estate of a good friend of mine. Normally we (me and three dutch mates of mine) go for pigeons, rabbits and other vermin like foxes and sometimes culling of fallow. This year there has been several sightings of muntjac during the day by the owner and his family. So were asked to give these a try as well. Never done it so any top tips are welcome. :angry::yes:

(by the way, have much experience with stalking for roe and red deer, but this is quite different i think)

[

Last weekend we spotted a doe walking round in circles & kept laying down then getting up again. We could see that she was going to give birth, she caught our sent so we left her to it, didn't want her to get to stressed.

PELT MAN

Thats exactly what i saw yesterday evening PM. I was waiting for a fox, had just seen the fox, then something caught my eye to the right. Their in some tall grass, was a fallow doe, giving birth. :)

Hense, i did not shoot the fox, did not want to disturb the doe. :D

I must get that fox though at some stage. :angry::yes::P

Frank.

Have a go in Lincolnshire on the estate of a good friend of mine. Normally we (me and three dutch mates of mine) go for pigeons, rabbits and other vermin like foxes and sometimes culling of fallow. This year there has been several sightings of muntjac during the day by the owner and his family. So were asked to give these a try as well. Never done it so any top tips are welcome. :angry::yes:

(by the way, have much experience with stalking for roe and red deer, but this is quite different i think)

They are not a lot different to Roe H&H, just smaller, what calibre rifles are you using? and do you bring them with your or use guns that are already here?

Well done PM :angry: , thats a good idea with the chiller. Is it easy to tell the difference between bucks and does with muntjack ?, i only have roe on my ground and i find them very easy to tell apart, but it looks like muntjack could be a lot harder.

pelt man,can we clone you and give one to the antis ? first class post re not always taking a shot and the doe.you,sir,are the epitome of a true sportsman and i take my hat off to you. :angry::yes:

Thanks for your response Digger

When working a Cull is usually carried out unless its a doe that could have a Fawn (when culling Muntjac).

But when stalking for myself then this is when some times what you see before you is best left is a memory.

I dont think that Antis understand that shooters have a great respect for the Fauna that do & dont shoot.

PELT MAN

Well done PM :angry: , thats a good idea with the chiller. Is it easy to tell the difference between bucks and does with muntjack ?, i only have roe on my ground and i find them very easy to tell apart, but it looks like muntjack could be a lot harder.

Stirky

Muntjac are easy to tell apart but unlike Roe you can only sex them from there Head alone, Doe's have a black dimond on there face unlike the Buck that have a black V shape from there nose to the top of there pedicels, & a lot of the time you can see there tusks.

They dont have the distinct **** patterns of Roe.

PELT MAN

@ stuartp

I am using my brno .308 win. Shoot Roe, Red deer, Wild boar, Fallow, foxes etc.. with it. Works for me. I bring the guns over from the Netherlands. I have a british visitor's shotgun and rifle permit. Never had any trouble trough customs. (never checked me.... :):lol::) )

But papers are in order :lol: .

Hopefully get some muntjac, fallow and pigeons. Will let you guys know how it went. Going this friday.

@ stuartp

I am using my brno .308 win. Shoot Roe, Red deer, Wild boar, Fallow, foxes etc.. with it. Works for me. I bring the guns over from the Netherlands. I have a british visitor's shotgun and rifle permit. Never had any trouble trough customs. (never checked me.... :):lol::lol: )

But papers are in order :lol: .

Hopefully get some muntjac, fallow and pigeons. Will let you guys know how it went. Going this friday.

Thanks for the reply and good luck H&H, have a great trip - the weather is good over here at the moment that is always a good start :)

I will be interested to see what a 308 does to a muntjac, I just hope you boys aren't too hungry :lol: