Picking up in Sussex with Tenner

Gillaroo

As his name suggests, this springer cost me a "Tenner" and shows those in other posts thinking of taking on older/uncontrolable/rescue dogs that with time and hard work it can be done. He's 100% beating, picking up etc etc. We were told there's a duck hit hard somewhere in the bottom of the first game cover so went to have a quick sweep through.

When they say you go through life with one really special dog then this one's mine.

Cheers

Gillaroo

hi mate glad its working out,i also have a rescue ,gsp .i wont lie it has been very hard work but again worth the effort and if i get a couple of things sorted out he will be a cracker his nose is unreal .post some more footage if you have any its great to see them working,atb wayne

Edited by mereside

Thanks all.

Main issue when I got him was aggression and general unruliness but he now plays quite happily with my 7 year old daughter who loves giving him a brush.

I owned and bred dogs 2 generations back in his pedigree so knew he had the right make up and really didn't do much actual training other than me becoming his master and at the same time his best mate.

There are countless dogs like him (Rescue centres such as Dogs Trust have some cracking looking "failed gundogs" at the moment - see pics) but it takes the right person and time to get the best out of them. If I had more kennel space I'd have them for sure if only to put them back on the right track.

Gillaroo

post-10503-0-31661300-1329476086.jpg

post-10503-0-80989900-1329476086.jpg

post-10503-0-14004000-1329476087.jpg

post-10503-0-50234100-1329476087.jpg