feral cats?

PotHunter96

hi i know it is legal to shoot cats as long as you are absolutely sure they are feral and not someones pet and i have too questions under what curcumstances may i shoot feral cats and is a 12ft pound air rifle enough or should i use a .410?(if of course i can legaly shoot them)thank you

i think its illegal to shoot feral cats with an air gun, dont they have a separate bit of the general licence???. like only shooting rabbits,doves,pigeons, rats ect

and why do you want to shoot them?

The General License only covers avian pests.

Feral cats are the same as any other mammalian pest but you had better make sure that they are truly feral and not your neighbours pussy :blush:

The General License only covers avian pests.

Feral cats are the same as any other mammalian pest but you had better make sure that they are truly feral and not your neighbours pussy :blush:

yer but dosent airguns have its own quarry list? iirc your not allowed to shoot ducks with an airgun. il have a look

sounds like every cat :lol: :lol:

We used to get feral cats around our release pen, even in it on occasion, they used to come from a nearby factory. Now I'll admit we used to shoot them if we had a suitable gun with us (12 bore). But after a while we realised they were not doing us any harm whatsoever. Never any evidence of them killing a poult, they were there for the rats, of which we had plenty at the time around the pen. So it was a case of live and let live.

If its a wild bird shoot then zero tolerance of course and during the spring any found up the hedgerows and out onto the farmland were delt with, but few did this. Once the pheasant season had finished and the rats had no food the rats went and so did the cats, back to the factory.