How often do you worm your dogs

pavman

Advocate Spot On 25 every month, which controls fleas, heartworm, gastrointestinal worms (hookworm, roundworm and whipworm), sarcoptic mange, demodicosis and ear mite infestation,

then a couple of Drontal Plus (i think, not at home at mo so can't remember) tablets every 6 months, as directed by my vet.

Advocate Spot On 25 every month, which controls fleas, heartworm, gastrointestinal worms (hookworm, roundworm and whipworm), sarcoptic mange, demodicosis and ear mite infestation,

then a couple of Drontal Plus (i think, not at home at mo so can't remember) tablets every 6 months, as directed by my vet.

Same here and mines on a barf diet to :good:

Nick do you get it online if so whats the cost of an all in one treatment how many months do you get in a pack? sounds better than seperate treatments

Nick do you get it online if so whats the cost of an all in one treatment how many months do you get in a pack? sounds better than seperate treatments

Mine is prescription only (vets) and it's £26 for 3 months worth but is very affective and I have never seen a flea on mine

Edited by mpk

no i just get it from the Vets, they come in either single pipettes or packs of 6...

this seems a good price though... (you'll need to get a prescription from the vets before buying though, but i believe once you have provided them with one, they will always supply)

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/advocate-large-dog-10-25kg_1_153394.html

the spot ons don't do tapeworms thats why drontal plus is needed every 3-6 months. It depends what you feed and a few other things as to how likely your dog is to get worms. Mine gets spot on once a month then drontal every 3. Packs are usually 3 month worth and usually pricy but thats life, the ones that work properly are usually Prescription only so you can buy online but you would need a prescription from your vet.