Allan Atkinson

fergie

• 2 weeks later...

The first thing i would ask a trialler who was offering pups,and/or training , is "what have you won". If thier own stock, and/or training methods, dont win for them then something is amiss.

Hi,

Allan very rarely breeds dogs. In all the time I have known him 13 years I think he has had one or two litters. He will occasionally take pups in from bitch's that have seen his dogs for stud.

His is the most counsciencious trainer I have ever met. When he has a dog in for training that dog gets more attention than his own and in fact the busier he has become training other peoples dogs the less time he has for his own.

His kennels are totally spotless and immaculate. He feeds all his dogs on raw food, he has his own rabbit pen, a swimming lake and even sheep to work his clients dogs around. He leases thousands of acres of grouse moor for training dogs on rabbits.

I believe he is still the BASC regional gundog rep and he also hold a HNC in Canine Behaviour and training.

My advice is to call him, go meet him and form your own opinion but Allan is a full time dog trainer not a hobbyist made good. He not only trains gundogs but teaches pet dogs, KC Good Citizens award and is often called in to work with aggressive and difficult dogs.

Regards

Ian

Hi,

Allan very rarely breeds dogs. In all the time I have known him 13 years I think he has had one or two litters. He will occasionally take pups in from bitch's that have seen his dogs for stud.

His is the most counsciencious trainer I have ever met. When he has a dog in for training that dog gets more attention than his own and in fact the busier he has become training other peoples dogs the less time he has for his own.

His kennels are totally spotless and immaculate. He feeds all his dogs on raw food, he has his own rabbit pen, a swimming lake and even sheep to work his clients dogs around. He leases thousands of acres of grouse moor for training dogs on rabbits.

I believe he is still the BASC regional gundog rep and he also hold a HNC in Canine Behaviour and training.

My advice is to call him, go meet him and form your own opinion but Allan is a full time dog trainer not a hobbyist made good. He not only trains gundogs but teaches pet dogs, KC Good Citizens award and is often called in to work with aggressive and difficult dogs.

Regards

Ian

He sounds lovely. I would still ask "what have you won" though.

wished he lived nearer to me could do with is help :good:

Hi,

he has actually won loads of stuff and represented England with a dog that I bred, why not call him and ask him.

He has never made a dog to champion but thats not through lack of trying. He has hundreds of awards, certificates and guns choices. But never a FTCH. He has an incredible sense of fair play and I am incredibly cynical. He once told me he had been asked to judge but did not think it was right until he had made a dog to champion. I replied you will never make a dog to champion until you judge :)

Believe me, I have sat in the kitchens of many a top gundog trainer with strings of FTCH's to their name. They seem quite happy to take my money in stud fees whilst at the same time stabbing me in the back through sniping and jealousy. I was once in the kitchen of a very well known trialler when he took a call from a client whose dog he had had in for training for 8 weeks. The owner wanted to come and see the dogs progress. When he got off the phone he say "****, I have had the dog 8 weeks and done eff all with it".

Making dogs to champion is not always about skill it can be about your face fitting and that little quote has come from a FTCH trainer whilst I was sat in his kitchen drinking tea.

If I were paying for my dog training I would stick with people who I know put the work in but don't always get the success they deserve. One of those would be Allan and the other would be Andrew Robinson at Whaupley Gundogs who has won loads of trials, Judges but often speakes his mind much to the dislike of others. Whenever I go to his house just like Allan he is always busy training someone elses dog.

This is a buyers market, I appreciate my reccomendation counts for nothing as he is a friend. But I do know when someone will take your money and **** up your back compared to someone who won't.

Ian

Hi,

he has actually won loads of stuff and represented England with a dog that I bred, why not call him and ask him.

He has never made a dog to champion but thats not through lack of trying. He has hundreds of awards, certificates and guns choices. But never a FTCH. He has an incredible sense of fair play and I am incredibly cynical. He once told me he had been asked to judge but did not think it was right until he had made a dog to champion. I replied you will never make a dog to champion until you judge :)

Believe me, I have sat in the kitchens of many a top gundog trainer with strings of FTCH's to their name. They seem quite happy to take my money in stud fees whilst at the same time stabbing me in the back through sniping and jealousy. I was once in the kitchen of a very well known trialler when he took a call from a client whose dog he had had in for training for 8 weeks. The owner wanted to come and see the dogs progress. When he got off the phone he say "****, I have had the dog 8 weeks and done eff all with it".

Making dogs to champion is not always about skill it can be about your face fitting and that little quote has come from a FTCH trainer whilst I was sat in his kitchen drinking tea.

If I were paying for my dog training I would stick with people who I know put the work in but don't always get the success they deserve. One of those would be Allan and the other would be Andrew Robinson at Whaupley Gundogs who has won loads of trials, Judges but often speakes his mind much to the dislike of others. Whenever I go to his house just like Allan he is always busy training someone elses dog.

This is a buyers market, I appreciate my reccomendation counts for nothing as he is a friend. But I do know when someone will take your money and **** up your back compared to someone who won't.

Ian

Some very wise words on the world of dog training.

He sounds lovely. I would still ask "what have you won" though.

Over 45 Kennel Club awards for Field Trials and Working Gundog Test's, including several win's in novice and open Working Gundog Test's. Represented England in two consecutive years with two dogs in International Working Gundog Test's. A cabinet full of awards including many wins for gamefair events.

Allan.

Over 45 Kennel Club awards for Field Trials and Working Gundog Test's, including several win's in novice and open Working Gundog Test's. Represented England in two consecutive years with two dogs in International Working Gundog Test's. A cabinet full of awards including many wins for gamefair events.

Allan.

I think that speak for it self. :good: :good: :good:

Allan.

That sounds great.BUT as i do not want a pup or training you have no need to explain to me. I merely said i would ask any breeder/trainer "What trials have you won?". Because to me working test are totally,completly,utterly, 100% worthless. Edited by cocker boy

That sounds great.BUT as i do not want a pup or training you have no need to explain to me. I merely said i would ask any breeder/trainer "What trials have you won?". Because to me working test are totally,completly,utterly, 100% worthless.

Trying to make sense of your drivel please expand?

Trying to make sense of your drivel please expand?

Which part of my post do you not understand?.I will break it down into 2 parts for you.The 1st part of the post i explained that as i was not buying a pup,or requesting training, from the guy he did not have to explain himself to me.In my original post to the op i stated the question "i" would ask."i" meaning "me". The second part of my post i explained that "i",thats "me",do not place any merit whatsoever on working tests.If there is anything in this explanation you do not understand please let me know.