foxing

camokid

hi all

i have not been able to post pics for a while now due to changing from virgin media to sky so i was without a working computer for a bit.

i still managed a few good trips out and some realy quite ones to it has been a very slow start to the year for all spieces not a lot around on my grounds at all but i do get out a fair bit so tend to move the vermin on to a better place in the sky fast :lol: :lol:

this first fox was at a regular farm to me it took me a while to get the shot of as she was in the farm house back garden and was not safe as they have a couple of dogs and was not a 100% at this point it was a fox. i started to creep to it and try and change the angle that it was on ,it worked and i got within 60 yards defo fox and at a safe angle shot was taken she ran 50 foot and dropted.

34rhf1t.jpg

next was a first to me i was using a electronic fox caller. i have a few calls that i use one home made one in particular my favorite but i thought i would give a electric one a go. i picked up one from the bay and loaded it with all sorts of calls. end result was a nice dog fox fallen to a animal distress call he was taken around 70-80 yards with the 223

2ivl1ro.jpg

this one came in grate a tex book call in. it was a vixen i would say a bit under weight but keen as mustard lol i spotted her in the next field and begin to call straight away she started bolting towards me until she hit the hedge and went out of sight for a moment then bingo out she popped in my field and still running. now i was sat in a field full of some sort of crop at least a foot and a half tall this made the fox bounce over and over right to me she came to at least 10 yards before she clocked i was there and turned tail and run a managed the shot on the turn there for it was a bit of a gut shot but still dropped her on the spot it was one to remember.

35c3qew.jpg

final one was a sort of tester one for me as a shot it with a whit light. now i use a amber all the time but i just wanted to see how the fox would react to a whit light so i bought a small lamp for the sole purpose of whit lighting. i called in a fox to around 50 yards it did not seem fussed about the light and the shot was one of the clearest i have taken.

4sm8tc.jpg

many thanks

andy

Good going pal, fox's are slowing down round here at the moment too. Just out of intrest what is your new caller and how do u rate it?

morning not sure on make but its loud and can load 100's of calls its only a pocket size caller i didnt want to spend £200 odd quid if i did not like the electric way. but im pretty pleased with it, it was £50 posted from china so not to bad.

Good shooting Andy!! Kind of neat seeing the fox come in the tall stuff.

it was tim . its nice to see them so willing to come in i would say its the best part of shooting all round to see them eyes bobing towards you in the lamp it still get my heart pumping thanks mate