Dee Wildfowlers

Will 1994

Hi guys

i am hoping to join the dee wildfowlers and i was just wondering is there anyone on here thats in there, if so how big is the waiting list if there is one .

thanks william

Last I knew no waiting list but there is an extensive probationary period. Have a look at their website

I am a member. I think that it a touch too late to apply with thoughts of the next season, but always worth a go no the less. Interviews are later this month. The probationary period is not too onerous but it is very comprehensive, its greared around getting you competant enough to go out alone safely and sucessfully (trust me if you were just told to get on with it you would either fail or drown). Many full members give up thier time and disclose a lot of thier ways to ensure this happens, accompanying and mentoring. Classroom sesions and marsh walks are compulsary but if you work at it a single full season and you should get in as a full. In all it is one of the best in the UK to join as a new wildfowler and has very close association with BASC (the national hq being just up the road). The North west is a very hard area to get into any club (long and unspecified waiting times etc), the nice thing is Dee Wildfowlers tell you exactly what you must do and help you achieve it and encourage new members rather than discourage them.

Dont take it i am having a go at other N West clubs as i also shoot other NW marshes and they all have thier individual motivations and preffences, it just as regards new members the Dee can be a breath of fresh air

Frodsham's a better marsh IMHO :good:

And a member on here could help you ;)

Its not realy fair to compare marshes as its never apples with apples. I did 18 flights on various Dee marshes last season and failed to fire a shot on 4 occasions (though had to pass many opertunities being without a fully trained wildfowling dog from mid September) . I dont think thats bad now

Ill have to get my hands on some forms then :good: thanks for the info guys even if i dont get in for this season theres next :good: thanks again

Will 1994 I can confirm that there are 14 on the current wiating list for The Dee Wildfowlers and Wetlands Managment Club and we had our AGM last night. It will be around May time before we know how many places will be availiable for this year.

PM me if you would like any more information and or assistance! :good:

Will 1994 I can confirm that there are 14 on the current wiating list for The Dee Wildfowlers and Wetlands Managment Club and we had our AGM last night. It will be around May time before we know how many places will be availiable for this year.

PM me if you would like any more information and or assistance! :good:

Sounds a bit many for a single season intake to me, unless there is a new very workable plan?

Im in the dee wildfowlers,Great club to be in and worth the wait,if you do have to wait.You will find everyone very helpfull.Dont worry about the marsh walks and the classroom sessions they are very informative,plus part of the joining fee goes towards basc membership,so it works out fairly cheap to join.Good luck and may see you soon. :good: