shooting in rain

millieminx

hi there guys 1st time iv been on here so dont really no how this works????(long time listener 1st time caller)

been in to my pigeons for a few years now but i have never had a place to shoot of my own, all ways shot on land through friends ect.....

any hows been talking to farmer where iv been working and he's given me the opotunity to shoot this saturday over a few fields of rape, been watching these fields now for the past few weeks and they've been quite active the only problem being is the weather aint sposed to be great....******* down infact :rolleyes:

so i dont no what to do? pass up the chance knowing i have no free time for months or take on the challenge in the rain???????

HELP!!!!

hi there guys 1st time iv been on here so dont really no how this works????(long time listener 1st time caller)

been in to my pigeons for a few years now but i have never had a place to shoot of my own, all ways shot on land through friends ect.....

any hows been talking to farmer where iv been working and he's given me the opotunity to shoot this saturday over a few fields of rape, been watching these fields now for the past few weeks and they've been quite active the only problem being is the weather aint sposed to be great....******* down infact :rolleyes:

so i dont no what to do? pass up the chance knowing i have no free time for months or take on the challenge in the rain???????

HELP!!!!

take a big fishing brolly,throw your net over it and have a go

I don't normally bother if raining to start with, however i've been a few times and the weather started fine only to pour down.

In between the showers i've had some great sport.

I don't take a brolly but manage to get under a tree most times.

Note to self: Leave brolly in car :shoot:

Edited by baz

dont forget to bring a cloth with u to dry ur deeks if it does rain.If the sun does come out they,ll sparkal like a xmas tree and jink ur incoming birds. live birds just give a good shake.... bk to the point, yes m8 go even if its pouring door it gets ur foot in the door and good luck.

dont forget to bring a cloth with u to dry ur deeks if it does rain.If the sun does come out they,ll sparkal like a xmas tree and jink ur incoming birds. live birds just give a good shake.... bk to the point, yes m8 go even if its pouring door it gets ur foot in the door and good luck.

Flock coated decoys wont shine :good:

just got back and finished cleaning every thing so thought id just let you all no how i got on today.

got to the field at 9 this morning, pulled straight up and 80-100 little blighters got up from the field (so far so good :D ) i set up my hide in the prime location, wind on my back at a point where 2 flight lines meet....with in 5 mins of being in the hide i had my first chance and blew it as i forgot the umbrella was above my head!! :blush:

so i sat down fixing the destruction i had caused and settled back in, another 5-10 mins pass and my seconde chance appears,commited perfectly and BANG!! but there was no BANG, the ******* shell was a miss fire!!! :angry::angry:

so i sat back down angry and swearing and waited and waited and waited....nothing, not a bird in the sky :hmm: about an hour passed and i noticed the birds (of which i had been previously watching for the past few weeks) started using a completly new flight line to me in the field next to me, going to and from a big oak tree which they seemed to use as a falcon point so i decided whilst it was still earlyish it would pay to up sticks and move, so i did.....got back in my new hide, sat down and it then started to drizzle....the thought in my head was abit different to what happened next, a small group of birds, 6/7 came in fully commited and i knocked 2 straight out of the sky which put a smile on my face to say the least :D

then another set of 3 came in and i got me another for the bag, this went on for an hour until the heavens opened around half 12 so i thought id take the oppotunity for a quick sarny and coffee only to find someone hadn't put the bloody top on properly! :blush: so i just had a sarny instead, well half a sarny as i was rudely inturpted by a loan pigeon that was soon on the ground :D , this was abit of a suprise as it was still raining quite hard, so i sat back down to finish my ham and cheese sarny with a side helping of mud.....

the rain eazed off back to a steady drizzle around half 1 and then i started to get abit of trouble...birds which where being pulled in earlier just didn't seem bothered and flying straight past with the very odd exception...the ones that where coming in where all fully commited to the cause, no sign of hesitation what so ever and yet the majority didnt take a seconde look...i moved a few floaters about which seemed to make a small difference but still the same problem????? (reading the comment above may be it had something to do with the rain drops on the deeks) any how i got to around 4 any decided enough was enough....

a total bag of 21 and slightly soggy cloths i packed up with a smile on my face....happy with the bag speacily as i was not expecting to get anything apart from a cold :lol:

cheers for all the comments, i will now be going come rain or shine and will now take a rag to wipe down the deeks!!

:D:D:D

Why is it that I watch many of my fields most days of the week and theres Pigeons everywhere and the weather is good then come the weekend when I can get on them its //////////// it down with rain and all the birds I have seen all week have moved to Scotland or elsewhere ??