can a none FAC holder?

i know he carnt aqquire bullets but can my non FAC holder lamp man buy the following?

small and large rifle primers

powder

case trimmer and dies?

•  
  • Bullet heads, Yes (unless expanding) they are uncontrolled.

• Small and large rifle primers - No - Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 Section 35. Although they can have a letter of permission from a licensed person.

• Powder - Propellant powder Yes, Black powder No
    - Control of Explosive Regulations 1991 (COER)
    - Manufacture & Storage of Explosive Regulations 2005
    - Placing On the Market and Supervision of Transfers of Explosives Regulations 1993

• Case trimmer and dies? - Yes uncontrolled

The shop might well refuse to sell anything though.

Edited by Coolhead

UM i think the question hear should be " Why would a non FAC Holder want or need to buy these itims."

idiot alert, could it possibly be to save me the hours drive to the shop to pick the stuff up. please put your ******* brain into gear before you post.

another person on the band wagon, another reason ive stopped signing in.

no but i think the ones we have should be adhered to.

we get enough flack without adding to it with a question on a public forum asking if it is possable to get the composit parts to build a bullet when not holding a FAC. and not explaining why.

Oh for goodness sake.

This is a wonderful shooting forum frequented by like minded people swapping info, asking advice and generally chatting about our sport.

Why the heck should we not pose a simple question without going into infinite detail of the whys and wherefores. Anything regarding the law or guidelines on firearms, that we may say on here, is freely available both on the web and in written form from HMSO. After all it has to be so that we, the general public, can appraise ourselves of the law.

I am saddened that you think law abiding sportsmen should discuss their sport behind closed doors in fear of what the "public" may say or think.

Could be , then again might not be just a question and one that i think was justified .Perhaps if you had explained it i would not have questioned it .

no but i think the ones we have should be adhered to.we get enough flack without adding to it with a question on a public forum asking if it is possable to get the composit parts to build a bullet when not holding a FAC. and not explaining why.

are you for real? its your sort that are bringing a good forum like this down into the gutter, ATM it seems to be full of idiots and people who have never sneezed or been outside.

im sure if my lamp man wanted bullets for any reason he would just slip them into his pocket. oh no wait, he wouldnt because hes not a skanky degenarate of some skanky estate. hes trustworthy, loyal and has a decent job and his applications all filled out and ready to go. but he dose have a slab of 250 hull comp x under his bed for when we go clay shooting.

so seen has he drives past the shop at least once a week he could if allowed to pick up some components, i have the expanding ammo already but i could do with a case trimmer for my .243, and seen as i have bought a .22 hornet (claimed another fox MR LOGIC) i could do with a set of hornet dies some small rifle primers a tub of h110 and a case trimmer for that to.oh and while his there he could pick me up some large rifle primers aswell. that would save me the 2hour+ drive there. hes about 6ft tall,black hair and wears a suite, he also drives a vw. now have i explained enough? crawl back into the gutter with all the other whiter than white, cow pooers, black dogs and general idiots and get the fourm back on track with people who actually want to talk/discuss shooting and all things related not trying to pick holes that arnt there. one last thing please shove your comments up your ****

thanks alex no rush.

are you for real? its your sort that are bringing a good forum like this down into the gutter, ATM it seems to be full of idiots and people who have never sneezed or been outside.

im sure if my lamp man wanted bullets for any reason he would just slip them into his pocket. oh no wait, he wouldnt because hes not a skanky degenarate of some skanky estate. hes trustworthy, loyal and has a decent job and his applications all filled out and ready to go. but he dose have a slab of 250 hull comp x under his bed for when we go clay shooting.

so seen has he drives past the shop at least once a week he could if allowed to pick up some components, i have the expanding ammo already but i could do with a case trimmer for my .243, and seen as i have bought a .22 hornet (claimed another fox MR LOGIC) i could do with a set of hornet dies some small rifle primers a tub of h110 and a case trimmer for that to.oh and while his there he could pick me up some large rifle primers aswell. that would save me the 2hour+ drive there. hes about 6ft tall,black hair and wears a suite, he also drives a vw. now have i explained enough? crawl back into the gutter with all the other whiter than white, cow pooers, black dogs and general idiots and get the fourm back on track with people who actually want to talk/discuss shooting and all things related not trying to pick holes that arnt there. one last thing please shove your comments up your ****

thanks alex no rush.

Can sort you out with my old dies if interested? :)

BTW good news on the fox. Had a deer and a fox myself yesterday, first trip out for ages!

Regarding buying powder and primers, I think that a RFD would accept it if someone was sent down with someone else's FAC certificate, along with a signed letter from the certificate holder stating that the person sent down was to buy the items required.

That is enough for purchasing shotgun cartridges, however I am fairly sure it would not apply to expanding bullets though.

i know he carnt aqquire bullets but can my non FAC holder lamp man buy the following?

small and large rifle primers

powder

case trimmer and dies?

Anyone can acquire bullets as long as they are not designed or adapted to expand. Powder is no problem legally but some shops will as to see a certificate. Case trimmer and dies are no problem - I suppose some dealers may ask to see a cert for the dies.

You cannot acquire primers unless you have an FAC as the law requires the dealer to see the certificate and can only sell you them if you have an authority to acquire ammo suitable for use with them. So, he couldn't sell you primers if you only has an authority to possess/acquire rimfire ammo.

J.