Tiger Woods.

Cranfield

"Big name UK golfers"

Big in name but sadly not so big in performance, and yes, Tiger Woods is without doubt the best golfer of the last 20 years.

He's not finished yet either, I fully expect him to beat Jack Nicklaus' record of 18 majors with some to spare, as soon as the chasing pack get close he ups the stakes again and leaves them behind.

That performace was almost faultless. He's a machine, hes so "in the zone" its almost scary.

Shows you he's just brilliant, he lets the emotion out once the job is done. At his level the game is all in the head, concentration and positive attitude probably count for more than just skill. Given no pressure and the same conditions most of the pro's out there could hit those shots.

Considering he only lost his father 2 months ago, its some achievement to come in and play like that, at that level without faltering - some boy!

Martin, that was a "man's course", a Links course, they are supposed to look like that.

None of your manicured , artificially coloured, Augusta layouts over here. :good:

:lol::lol::D:D

Cranfield, mans course, nothing wrong with the manicured greens mate saves breaking nails and all that, you guys av just gone cheap on the water bill again, i remember being told that England surrounded by water will always be drought ridden, i can never figure that out though, with all the floods of this year it should not have been a problem.

anyway off to the range now need to work on the swing a little :D

Martin

IMO Tiger is better than Jack Nicklaus and I think he has equalled Walter Hagen record of 11

I think what made this open more special for Woods after he crashed out at Winged foot shortly after losing his father and mentor to the big C. His mind wasn't focused at the time and only because of sponsors and outside pressure he turned up

Woods made Hoylake look very very ordinary. I think it will be a long time before they see another open at the course

He destroyed the course, out drove the rest only using irons and small woods from the tee. Very rarely did he get the driver out

Amasing guy how he stays so focused even when he earns $80 per year

A steal at 5/1 :good::lol::lol:

Jonno

Amasing guy how he stays so focused even when he earns $80 per year

Sounds like a minimum wage thing.........do white guys get more :lol::good:

Doh! I was doing so well with no spealing mostakes too

Edited for a black guy earning over $80 million per year

Jonno