section5 oopsie

beeredup

actually know some one who has done porridge for being found in owner ships of an unregistered one of these, when they were banned people who had them could keep them on a slot of a FAC but resales an transfers were outlawed thats my understanding of the situation

i would dearly love one but i hate porridge :no:

its a tac (tandem air cartridge) air pistol. they where banned as they are apparently easy to modify to fire real bullets. i remember my dad had one years ago (before they where banned / put on ticket) he had a brocock cobra. it was a verry nice plinking gun and felt real!

if he has it on a ticket he is allowed to keep it as long as he wants it but he cannot sell it or give it away the only way he can dispose of it would be to hand it in to the old bill

i know some one who had 3 legally which were all imaculate and when he emigrated it broke his heart as he was not allowed to export them, or even give them away either to people who had TACs on a ticket them selves whats the betting they are now in the greater manchester police fire arms dept toy cupboard :blush:

the Co2 S&W is an airgun as it uses a drum mag and is not readily convertable to fire real ammo

yeah all the brocock design where the cartridge holds pressure are banned there is a type of revolver called a Dan Wesson available that used a cartridge to hold a bb but the gas is pushed through the cartridge and not stored in the cartridge they are legal and good fun to shoot

Edited by beeredup

yeah they are tightening up on blank firers just have a look on the gunstar forums about the people being raided and having legally held collections taken from them. Blank firers are some thing i cannot or never have seen any use or interest in they seem totally point less to me

Yet there are real section 13 floating around saw a story recently of a guy in glos who had a room full of section 13 revolvers... The law is nuts and the replica laws and section 13 laws are daft but air cartridge are illegal to sell and have to be held on special FAC, I always wandered what happened to people who owned them but couldn't get an FAC as when they came it was just before the ban IIRC and where aimed squarely at the CF pistol markets for those that couldn't one bloke made an air cartridge Gatling gun!

They banned them arbitarily a few years ago without giving anybody proper notification. One day you could buy them legally without a licence. Next day you were looking at a jail sentence for owning it. Thousands of people never even knew, still don't know now. Including the poor bloke selling this one apparantly.

People go into our local gunshop fairly regularly asking about spares etc still, even now