Clay shooting with a semi auto

Wriggler

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At least one ground I use has banned them since an incident when 3 people got shot by a 3rd cartridge up the spout which appeared to have got "forgotten". All grounds I use have the 2 cartridges only rule (which is occasionally ignored by complete numpties).

I know other grounds who tolerate them but don't like them much because of the cases left on the floor by some of their owners. Have to say though that some of the worst offenders for not picking up are the game shooters who fetch up for a bit of pre-season practice with their SxS's!

I have shot many semis on clays over the years with out a problem,bit of common sense is all thats needed,i carry a magnetic pick up tool with me and pick up the empties. :good:

Nah, don't bother to pick up your spent shells ..... get the wife and/or girlfriend to do it!! :/

166892.jpg

Seen plenty of shooters thinking they are cool by tilting their o/u or sbs over, to try and eject the empties into the bin, 9 times out of 10 they miss then leave the empties on the floor :rolleyes: its quite funny when they knock the barrels on the side of cage though :D

Seen plenty of shooters thinking they are cool by tilting their o/u or sbs over, to try and eject the empties into the bin, 9 times out of 10 they miss then leave the empties on the floor :rolleyes: its quite funny when they knock the barrels on the side of cage though :D

They are also overlooking the fact that it doesn't actually look cool, even when they do get them in the bin.

It makes them look like a steaming, awkward, cackhanded knobrot cock.... :sly:

True story......

Actually those that do that tend to be novices at sporting shoots, never seen it happen on a trap line or on skeet!

And we all know the cool kids shoot Trap!

Edited by HDAV