Clay shooting with a semi auto

Wriggler

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A friend suggested I should boresight mine,so I clamped the barrel in a workmate,popped the laser in and put the dot on a mark at 22yds.

When I looked down the rib the bead was 3" lower than the red laser dot...certainly not what I expected :hmm:

Azzurri

I am sure your workmate was not expecting that either, is this some Mafioso punishment ? :hmm:

Edited by timps

A friend suggested I should boresight mine,so I clamped the barrel in a workmate,popped the laser in and put the dot on a mark at 22yds.

When I looked down the rib the bead was 3" lower than the red laser dot...certainly not what I expected :hmm:

Azzurri

I told you that you were over the top of them! :sly: But does anybody listen to Paulos? Do they ****. <_<:P

Some clay grounds dont like them by me :good:

Hmm, I've not seen any discrimination against single-barrel guns down here (Hampshire). Only one ground bans S.1 guns.

Also, it appears that your grounds would be happy for me to bring my lever-action along. :)

In fact, when shooting Sporting at our local grounds, other shooters are always interested in something "unusual".

Regards,

Mark.

Oh for Christ's sake, give it a ******* rest :no:

Oh I'm sorry, have I offended your delicate sensibilities? If you would be so kind as to tell me what I should be resting I might be able to oblige you, otherwise, to borrow your words, give it a ******* rest yourself. :rolleyes:

I've used my 301 for 32 years on clays and never had a problem, I started using an MK38 last year, first OU I've been able to get on with, but I'll always have an auto. At both the clubs I go to we have old speaker magnets on long handles to pick up spent cartridges.

It's not a gun problem, it's a lazy shooter problem. Seen semi and o/u just eject cartridges onto the floor and leave them. Luckily with a n/e I just pick them out of the barrel and put them in the bin :good:

Why would that clay ground want you to sleeve between posts, surely that is more dangerous as you can't see the gun is empty and may encourage some unsafe practices?

Why would that clay ground want you to sleeve between posts, surely that is more dangerous as you can't see the gun is empty and may encourage some unsafe practices?

if its carried loaded and goes off in a slip it should go straight up or down having a group walk towards you muzzle first is not pretty or nice and seen it many times sling it or slip if you have to use one my unle is a PITA with his and I have told him so he knows it's empty but no one else does arthritis in his hands means he struggles to open a SxS or over under so he has a sort of reason but the damn thing is fussy

Some of the country's best shots have bought autos just to enter.

http://www.wmsg.co.uk/

Vic.

and I have heard some of the countries **** shots as well........ Not that I would suggest anyone I know who has just bought an auto just for this event is a **** shot...... Perish the thought....... **** is a step up for them :rolleyes:<_<

I pick up my empties if I'm practicing and just kick them out of the way of the next shooter if I'm in a comp.

I only do this as the next shooter up is usually in the 'Zone' and dosen't want to watch me messing about looking for my empty carts.

A few times I've had the next shooter up say don't bother with them, as they want in the stand and down to business.

And if you are whinning and crying over a few carts on the deck, then get out there and pick all your Wads up ya mong.

I have a man called Timps who picks mine up for me with his Special needs white magnetic stick.