Fiocchi cartridges

I fancy trying some Fiocchi Fblu's in 24 gram (plastic) but Im struggling to track some down. Anyone know of a stockist in Staffs/Derbyshire area that carries them?

Ive never shot them before so I only want a slab to start with to compare to the 24 gram Intercomps, then if I like them I'll get a 1000 in.

Edited by Iggy

Iggy the UK distributor is in Sutton Coldfield and there is a new business Saredon Shooting Supplies selling them J12 M6 turn left towards Cannock about 2 miles down on the right.

I will try and find more details such as address and telephone number.

Iggy the UK distributor is in Sutton Coldfield and there is a new business Saredon Shooting Supplies selling them J12 M6 turn left towards Cannock about 2 miles down on the right.

I will try and find more details such as address and telephone number.

Thanks very much for the info, that's great :good:

I'll do a bit of googling as I'm passing that way tomorrow so I could probably take a small detour and call in.

Why are you mucking about with shells AGAIN mr???

Errrr......fair point.....I thought I'd shoot better with them I suppose :blush::rolleyes:

Try as I might, I can't help fiddling in the feint hope it may compensate for a lack of natural ability.

On a serious note I'd like to try a few different shells with a view to finding one I can (hopefully) stick with.

Errrr......fair point.....I thought I'd shoot better with them I suppose :blush::rolleyes:

Try as I might, I can't help fiddling in the feint hope it may compensate for a lack of natural ability.

On a serious note I'd like to try a few different shells with a view to finding one I can (hopefully) stick with.

Ive been doing the same, stuck with eley first all the time, but tried fiocchi's and love them i personaly think theres a fair bit less recoil :good:

Ive been doing the same, stuck with eley first all the time, but tried fiocchi's and love them i personaly think theres a fair bit less recoil :good:

Thanks for that, out of interest which Fiocchi and load did you settle on?

Thanks for that, out of interest which Fiocchi and load did you settle on?

I use the fiocchi top one in fibre, 28g mainly, but they still seam a bit more forgiving than eley first and hull 28g. I bought 2000 24g because they was cheap at the time, but only have a 5/6 of boxes left now, so i'll use up the 28g then :good:

If you're going to do that, you need to make it one that you will be able to get hold of easily.

Eley First/Olympics/Superbs for instance, all good shells and loads of places stock them.

At our level, I don't think you'll find a cartridge that makes a jot of difference, Iggy.

Maybe when we get to AAA Class, it might make the difference of a clay or two out of 100, which could be the difference between winning and losing, but otherwise, I'd not bother. :P

I'm going to have a look at the new Kent Velocity shells. I reckon they've changed the recipe, they look identical to the Gamebore Continentals now. I like the Continentals, but I think they've stopped making them. Kent Velocity used to rattle my brain and give me a headache and others say they're punchy. Azzurri had some new pink :lol: Kent Velocity last Sunday and when we compared one of them to one of my (pink :o ) Gamebore Continentals, they were absolutely identical, same shot and wad/powder/case, just different writing on the case :hmm:

Perhaps the Continentals were an experiment to find an alternative recipe for the much-criticised Kent Velocity :huh:

Edited by Chard

Try away! But remember this- NONEo them will add any kills on the card. If its a recoil issue then fair enough, but you won't go much softer than the comp Xs. Give me a shout next time your venturing my way and we an have a chat

There speaks a knowledgable man,

Comp X's all the way for me,

:shaun:

Thanks very much to all for your replies and suggestions, much appreciated :good:

I tried to call Saredon several times today but all I got was the answer phone so no luck there just yet, but I'll keep trying. Leek Shooting Suplplies are local and do stock Fiocchi Fblu's but only in 28 gram, but I may get a few boxes and see whate they are like. Garlands have them in stock in 24 gram but want £50 for a slab which I thought sounded a bit steep :hmm:

I've got another few possibles to try now though, so I'll ring around tomorrow if I get the chance.

I'm fine with 28gram shells in my Benelli but I prefer something a bit lighter in my o/u, not because Im affected by recoil in a painful sense but I just find I can get onto the second bird so much quicker with a lighter load (or it feels that way at least). I'm currently using CompX 21gram in the o/u and getting similar results to the Benelli with 28gram, hence I'm looking for a soft/ smooth shell in 24gram to use in the o/u just to get a bit more lead in the air without sacrificing too much of the control I feel I have with the 21's.

I've got a slab of Hull Intercomps in 24gram which I've not tried yet, so I'm hoping to get some Fblu's so I can try them alongside each other. I've tried Express HV in 24gram which were ok but felt a little harsh somehow?

Thanks again for all your help guys, much appreciated.

started using hull pro ones about 3 months ago for my competion trap shooting best ounce load ive used to date possibly bar the winchester X3 ! shot OT last week with a guy who was using fiocchi blue jobby's 24 gram and about 5 or 6 out every 25 would'nt go in his DT10 tried em in my miroku and would'nt go in either ! where the brass ends and the plastic starts was raised up whether this was a bad batch or is a problem im not sure. i would'nt be rushing out to buy any. i rate eley firsts in 28 gram plas wads use em for second barrell practice at ABT and had great kills ! if you want a light load swillington 21 gram are a good cartridge :good:

Well I eventually managed to get some Fblu's in 24 gram 7.5 from Garlands, its not 'local' but I was passing earlier in the week so I called in.

I'll do a side by side comparison with the 24 gram Intercomps and Rio's and see how it goes.

Thanks again to everyone for your help and contributions :good:

Well I eventually managed to get some Fblu's in 24 gram 7.5 from Garlands, its not 'local' but I was passing earlier in the week so I called in.

I'll do a side by side comparison with the 24 gram Intercomps and Rio's and see how it goes.

Thanks again to everyone for your help and contributions :good:

Just out of interest what are they a thousand your neck of the woods ? :good:

Just out of interest what are they a thousand your neck of the woods ? :good:

The Fblu's in 28 gram plastic were £172/1000 at Garlands and 'strangely' the 24 gram version were the same price?

At Saredon Shooting Supplies they are a bit cheaper, about £167/1000 in 28 gram plastic.

How much are they around you?

Saredon Shooting is actually at Calf Heath J12 of the M6 www.ukfirearms.com contact Stuart Faulkner 07810 158991

Cheers Salopian, their prices are a bit keener than Garlands so if I like them and want to buy more I'll get in touch :good:

Iggy

The Fblu's in 28 gram plastic were £172/1000 at Garlands and 'strangely' the 24 gram version were the same price?

At Saredon Shooting Supplies they are a bit cheaper, about £167/1000 in 28 gram plastic.

How much are they around you?

As mentioned i use the top one's not Fblu's . The 28g are 160/thou and the 24g are 154/thou all fibre not many grounds local to me allow plastic wads only coleys :good: