Small Safes

Spara Dritto

Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a small safe to hold jewellery and items of high personal value.

I would like it to be heat resistant and burglar resistant, but I don't know where to get a good one (not a cheap ammo safe or Argos safe) and what locking system e.g key, keypad etc...

I want something that is thick walled and very robust.

Any advice at all would be fantastic and shop recommendations would be good too!

Many thanks for your time in advance.

SD

I have a Screwfix digital safe as an ammo safe. My brother is a locksmith and showed me a surefire way to open it in seconds without tools. Gobsmacked? I should coco! It's not just Screwfix, but all similar safes sold by Machine Mart, B&Q etc. When he does it for clients, his biggest problem is making it look harder and more time consuming than it is, to justify his fee!

A real eye opener, so I'm on the lookout for something more secure!

Edited by Blunderbuss

I have a Screwfix digital safe as an ammo safe. My brother is a locksmith and showed me a surefire way to open it in seconds without tools. Gobsmacked? I should coco! It's not just Screwfix, but all similar safes sold by Machine Mart, B&Q etc. When he does it for clients, his biggest problem is making it look harder and more time consuming than it is, to justify his fee!

HDAV is right...

Thats what I'm worried about...

Did he have any recommendations as to price, lock type, metal thickness ect?

Edited by Spara Dritto

My shotgun safe has an ammo compartment which has a separate door and lock above the gun compartment.

I'm thinking or getting a fire safe bag and putting everything into the ammo safe part.

How long would it take to get through both doors as the shotgun safes always appear fairly thin flimsy metal...

Edited by Spara Dritto

I have one of them to is there anything I can do to prevent this ?? Have it Anchored to the wall does that make in difference. PM me mate if you don't want to make it known public how to get them open... MARTY....

I have one of them to is there anything I can do to prevent this ?? Have it Anchored to the wall does that make in difference. PM me mate if you don't want to make it known public how to get them open... MARTY....

Did you see the little over-ride key that looks like a bike lock? I suspect that is the weakness.

Did you see the little over-ride key that looks like a bike lock? I suspect that is the weakness.

Cheers Bud,,Wrapping it in Razor wire as we speak,, The wife not happy with the armed guard standing in front of the slide Robes,,Think the Moat and crocodiles might be a bit much though. HA HA... Pay no attention just having my funny half hour for the day.......... MARTY ......

I have been thinking about getting a cheep under flour safes surely if you can find a good place to put it that has to be as good as anything as has been said if the robber can not find it that has to be better than the most expensive safe.

Another idea that I like is to have two safes a cheep one that is not to hard to find and a hidden one for the expensive stuff in the hope that if you do get robbed they will find the cheep one and think that they have got everything and go.

A decent safe will cost around £1000 dont buy cheap

These gun safes with a vault door and 5 bolt locking are not security safes there just safe storage for guns.

You need something like this and this is only grade 1 http://www.thesafeshop.co.uk/products/burton-eurovault-aver-size-3-grade-1.html

Buy the best you can as you do use them for a lifetime

I bought one from costco a little while back and it is approved for so long in a fire, has a digital key pad, is some safe authority approved and the FEO approved it for ammo, not aware of an overide key other than the little thing for changing the lock code..

Regards,

Gixer

A decent safe will cost around £1000 dont buy cheap

These gun safes with a vault door and 5 bolt locking are not security safes there just safe storage for guns.

You need something like this and this is only grade 1 http://www.thesafeshop.co.uk/products/burton-eurovault-aver-size-3-grade-1.html

Buy the best you can as you do use them for a lifetime

Never thought you would be in to that sort of money...