Anyone know anything about Freestyle BMX brands?

timps

My son never asks for anything but he really wants a Freestyle BMX, so his grandad and I are going to buy him one for his birthday.

I don’t know anything about Freestyle BMX brands, I know it’s a sub culture and branding is king so don’t want to get the wrong one for him.

When I was his age it was Mongoose and Diamondback, they are still going but you have wethepeople, Sunday, fit and other obscure names and I am at a loss.

I just don’t want to go into a shop with completely no idea, he is a big 13 year old soon to be 14 and the budget is £250 to £400, obviously it’s his choice but would like a bit of an idea myself and to be fair he has only just got into this himself so he is not the expert.

:good:

Go to the local shop and look for a BMX mag should find plenty of stuff in there, do go half fords, it all depends on how much you would want to spend by BMW cost me £1000 as I did custom brought frame then worked my way from there

Edited by buckaroo23

Cheers for the replies so far.

I think he is favouring either a Wethepeople 2012 arcade / justice / Reason or a Sunday Spark.

I was wondering what the heck he was on about and thought what's wrong with proper names like Raleigh and Grifter <_<

You couldn't beat a burner...... GLS Burner for me.

I think that looks cool today.

Like the OP said, muddy fox and mongoose were the makes 20+ years ago, isn't it funny that they don't seem so now, cannondale was the mountain bike to have then and it still Is a quality brand now (I think)

Edited by markm

You couldn't beat a burner..... GLS Burner for me.

I think that looks cool today.

Like the OP said, muddy fox and mongoose were the makes 20+ years ago, isn't it funny that they don't seem so now, cannondale was the mountain bike to have then and it still Is a quality brand now (I think)

on yer bike .........that would be a sight for sore eyes lol :D

Edited by JDFrain

I had this 1 (not this particular 1 before the photo forensic police turn up :lol: )..the Team Aero Burner....They were the hire bikes at the local centre parcs...Needless to say,there were loads going around our village...Everyone had 1. :yp: :yp: :yp:

rab1_lg.jpg

Edited by smig4373

Well he has gone for a wethepeople Volta 2011, it should have been £ 649 but now £399.

I showed him all the suggestions, and it helped me understand as well so thanks for the replies. :good:

Picked it up yesterday, did not see him all last night and he got up early this morning and disappeared for an hour on it before school. I had a play on it myself, a 43 year old man doing bunny hops down the back street got some strange looks though. <_<