Costs of PCP's?

andy198712

To had on to what i listed yesterday i see you are thinking of an under lever springer.

I still say go down the PCP route and an air bottle.

For a good springer HW77 HW97 you will be looking at spending £250 to £350.

One PCP to look out for it the AGS PCR1 the early ones had a cheap barrel on them and got them a bad name but the later ones have a thicker walther barrel on them and made them a very good Rifle for the money.

So to give you an idea of what you can get for what money here is a list of my guns and what i have spent on them or for them.

1/ Cometa 300 .22 Springer i paid £130 with scope, Its had a new spring £20 A new Trigger £25 and a silencer £25.

2/ BSA superstar .22 Springer i paid £145 with scope. I had it re-blued £30 and a Silencer £25. New spring £20.

3/ Hatsan 1000 .25 cal Springer i paid £110 new. I put a new scope on it £38 and a Silencer £25.

4/ Daystate Huntsman FTR PCP .177 i paid £190 with a **** scope and silencer. I have put a good scope on it £38

5/ Titen MCR 10 PCP .22 I paid £265 with scope and silencer and a 3 litre 300bar bottle and gauges. The gun is mint.

6/ Logun solo PCP .177 I paid £250 with a good scope and silencer and a 10 shot mag. Bargain.

7/ Logun solo PCP .22 I paid £200 with scope. I have put a 10 shot mag on it £40. silencer £20. A better scope £37.

8/ Logun Pro MK1 PCP .22 I paid £300 it came with a bi-pod. 3x9x56 scope. Silencer. Logun bag. Hills 250 bar pump.

9/ Hatsan AT44 PCP .22 I paid £260 new it came with 2x10 shot mags and silencer.I put a good scope on it £45.Bargain.

10/BSA super 10 bull barrel PCP .177 I paid £250 for it with a BSA bag and 3x10 shot mags. I put a good scope on it £38. The gun is mint.

I got a 10 litre 232 bar bottle with gauges out of test for £30. Had it tested £20 and filled £3.75 and that will give me 30 to 40 fills. So going PCP isn`t an arm and a leg.

If you look at what i have spent on the springers theres not much in it and the PCPs are a lot user friendly no recoil and with a good Silencer almost silent so no contest really.

I hope this list gives you an idea of what you can get for what money. Happy :shoot::shoot::shoot:

Edited by NIGHT SEARCHER

:shout::mad: Of coarse i no how to use the pump but when you are filling super 10 bottles to 232 bar it gets very hard work and even the pump gets mad hot.

I am 6 ft tall and 17 stone of course i bend my knees and use my body weight but it still gets my back so i sold it and got air tanks and its a lot better for the guns. :thanks: :wacko:

i have e few pcp's but the gun i tend to grab the most is my hw97 springer,although if i had a fenman that would be my most used gun,had one years ago and wished i'd never sold it!

I couldn't agree more my trusty 97 comes out more than the Airwolf. I know people won't like this but they are just glorified blow pipes. :lol:

To had on to what i listed yesterday i see you are thinking of an under lever springer.

I still say go down the PCP route and an air bottle.

For a good springer HW77 HW97 you will be looking at spending £250 to £350.

One PCP to look out for it the AGS PCR1 the early ones had a cheap barrel on them and got them a bad name but the later ones have a thicker walther barrel on them and made them a very good Rifle for the money.

So to give you an idea of what you can get for what money here is a list of my guns and what i have spent on them or for them.

1/ Cometa 300 .22 Springer i paid £130 with scope, Its had a new spring £20 A new Trigger £25 and a silencer £25.

2/ BSA superstar .22 Springer i paid £145 with scope. I had it re-blued £30 and a Silencer £25. New spring £20.

3/ Hatsan 1000 .25 cal Springer i paid £110 new. I put a new scope on it £38 and a Silencer £25.

4/ Daystate Huntsman FTR PCP .177 i paid £190 with a **** scope and silencer. I have put a good scope on it £38

5/ Titen MCR 10 PCP .22 I paid £265 with scope and silencer and a 3 litre 300bar bottle and gauges. The gun is mint.

6/ Logun solo PCP .177 I paid £250 with a good scope and silencer and a 10 shot mag. Bargain.

7/ Logun solo PCP .22 I paid £200 with scope. I have put a 10 shot mag on it £40. silencer £20. A better scope £37.

8/ Logun Pro MK1 PCP .22 I paid £300 it came with a bi-pod. 3x9x56 scope. Silencer. Logun bag. Hills 250 bar pump.

9/ Hatsan AT44 PCP .22 I paid £260 new it came with 2x10 shot mags and silencer.I put a good scope on it £45.Bargain.

10/BSA super 10 bull barrel PCP .177 I paid £250 for it with a BSA bag and 3x10 shot mags. I put a good scope on it £38. The gun is mint.

I got a 10 litre 232 bar bottle with gauges out of test for £30. Had it tested £20 and filled £3.75 and that will give me 30 to 40 fills. So going PCP isn`t an arm and a leg.

If you look at what i have spent on the springers theres not much in it and the PCPs are a lot user friendly no recoil and with a good Silencer almost silent so no contest really.

I hope this list gives you an idea of what you can get for what money. Happy :shoot::shoot::shoot:

Thank you, that is very helpful!! How did you get the daystate so cheap!!

:hmm: What a statement Glorified blow pipes :/ . A PCP with a good Silencer is almost silent :good: .

If you are shooting from a car or 4x4 a springer is hard and niosy to cock in a car :no: .

A PCP with a 10 shot mag you have a second shot ready in 2 or 3 seconds very handy when Ratting and there`s loads of them :good: .

Shoot one with a twangy springer and the other Rats run for there holes :no: .

If your out after crows with a PCP thats silent you can shoot loads of them :yahoo: .

Shoot one with a springer and watch the sky turn black has they all sod off for 1/2 an hour :sick: .

Any shooter knows that when your out hunting stealth is the key so all in camo and sum even camo the gun and very little movement not cocking a springer :no: .

I have been shooting for over 30 years and we all started out with break barrel and under lever springers i still have 3 springers :yes: .

But when you have to do a job for a Farmer be it Rats Crows pigeons rabbits you need to show good results of what you have shot :yahoo: . Thats if you want to keep the shoot :yes: .

So for the best results its PCP :yes: every time if i am shooting for fun i might take a springer just to feel a bit of recoil for a change. :good: Happy :shoot::shoot::shoot:

Edited by NIGHT SEARCHER

All I'm trying to say is that I use each guns for a specific purpose. If I'm out to fill the freezer, for pigeons there are my shotguns, for rabbits I tend to lamp at night with my rim fire in a pickup. Don't waste my time with rats. If I am only going out for a rabbit or a couple of woodies the 97 comes out. My 97 has had the full v glide by Steve Pope and 77 with the 25mm piston has had Dave Hall blue tune these I can assure you these are no twangy springers. Lastly there is more skill involved as anyone can shoot a pcp accurately.

Hi bud The Daystate Huntsman FTR was on GUNSTAR a few months ago :yahoo: .

It was a gun shop that was selling it in Stoke on Trent it was up for sale very cheap because

the pervious owner had sprayed it gloss black and then three camo colours it looked **** the worst camo job i have ever seen :cry1: .

I washed the gun and stock off with thinner`s stripped the Rifle and cleaned it all.

I give the stock seven coats of teak oil it looks gorgeous i couldn`t believe some :balloon: would paint such a lovely peace of wood.

The gun came with paperwork from Daystate that it had been serviced and new seals fitted a few months before i got it at a cost of £120. :yahoo:

The rest of the gun i used willsons cold blue £10 of ebay from USA. It turned out brilliant

a really deep dark blue and very deep shine gorgeous :cool1: .

But the best came when i put it all back together and put a good scope on it.

Took it out to zero it and its amazing under 1/2" groups at 40yds and knocking 5 pence peaces down at 50 yds :yahoo: .

What gets me is its not pellet fussy at all i have put RWS superdome and superfield BSA storms and interceptors Hustler harrier and pointed. And it just puts pellet on pellet at 35 yds. I love the gun :wub: . Happy :shoot::shoot::shoot:

Im not having a go mate i know what you are saying i still have an HW77 thats Venom tuned its smooth and its not twangy but its hard to cock in a car. I have a .25cal Springer and thats good fun on the Rats if i am in the pig sheds or barns and what a .25 cal pellet dose to Rats is devour-stating. You are very lucky you don`t have to shot Rats.

I have to to keep the Famer happy if i want to shoot on his land and woods i have to do the Rats. His woods are full of crows. His land has loads of Rabbits. His barns get loads of feral pigeons. But i must say shooting 50 to 60 Rats a night with night vision is good fun.

Happy. :shoot::shoot::shoot:

:hmm: What a statement Glorified blow pipes :/ . A PCP with a good Silencer is almost silent :good: .

If you are shooting from a car or 4x4 a springer is hard and niosy to cock in a car :no: .

A PCP with a 10 shot mag you have a second shot ready in 2 or 3 seconds very handy when Ratting and there`s loads of them :good: .

Shoot one with a twangy springer and the other Rats run for there holes :no: .

If your out after crows with a PCP thats silent you can shoot loads of them :yahoo: .

Shoot one with a springer and watch the sky turn black has they all sod off for 1/2 an hour :sick: .

Any shooter knows that when your out hunting stealth is the key so all in camo and sum even camo the gun and very little movement not cocking a springer :no: .

I have been shooting for over 30 years and we all started out with break barrel and under lever springers i still have 3 springers :yes: .

But when you have to do a job for a Farmer be it Rats Crows pigeons rabbits you need to show good results of what you have shot :yahoo: . Thats if you want to keep the shoot :yes: .

So for the best results its PCP :yes: every time if i am shooting for fun i might take a springer just to feel a bit of recoil for a change. :good: Happy :shoot::shoot::shoot:

In fairness it depends how thick your quarry is. If its rabbits you can sometimes shoot their mate do a jig and reload before shooting the next in the same way.

I did say in my bit that there are downsided to springers i.e. loud cocking but working around this is part of hunting. Ideally our guns would be able to shoot 300m flatly and have shot on shot groupings. The fact is they dont (if they do i want to know) and hunting with a springer is for me more rewarding because you have to do more to get to the outcome. Im not saying a pcp isnt good - there the best if you've got the money and you can shoot well. But if you aint got the cash get a springer, gas ram or even a co2 and learn to deal with it.

If you are looking for a PCP there`s one gone on GUNSTAR today.

Hatsan AT 44 Wooden stock one you get 2 x 10 shot mag air gauge its the same cocking action has HW100 side lever cocks and cycles the mag.

They are fitted with a Walther match Barrel that puts pellet on pellet at 35 yds.

Its a gun shop that`s selling it brand new with 12 month`s warranty. For £250 YES £250.Bargain.

If you are looking for a PCP there`s one gone on GUNSTAR today.

Hatsan AT 44 Wooden stock one you get 2 x 10 shot mag air gauge its the same cocking action has HW100 side lever cocks and cycles the mag.

They are fitted with a Walther match Barrel that puts pellet on pellet at 35 yds.

Its a gun shop that`s selling it brand new with 12 month`s warranty. For £250 YES £250.Bargain.

Now im interested anyone else had good results with this gun?

Have a look at page 3 about half way down of airgunners Hatsan at 44 anybody got one there`s 3 pages of replys :good: .

I have one and for the money its brill. Walther match Barrel 2 x 10 shot mags and an Air gauge :good: .

A mate of mine had a look at the gun for a few days and was that impressed he sold his HW 100 for £750.

He phoned me a week later and said guess what Iv got.

He bought 3 Hatsans AT 44.1 in .177 1 in .22 and 1 in .25 cal. A gun shop did him a deal £800 for all 3 guns he is over the moon with them :yahoo: .

Another mate got an AT 44 in .22 and he likes it that much he ordered another one in FAC that one is doing 28 ftlb. His problem now is which one to take out shooting :lol: . Happy :shoot::shoot::shoot:

Hello

My solution...

I have a nasty old break barrel and have updated to a second hand Theoban PCP, Bloody great.

Like it so much I'm on the look out for a 22 FAC.

I spent all my cash on the rifle. :yes:

I do without botle or pump - for now.

My local gun shop fills her (yes her) up for a quid, thats about 200 shots with a Theoban.

This may work out more expensive, and need more trips, if your rifle has a smaller bottles!

I am thinking of a pump so I can be independant, but in no rush.

Steve

Edit - If a pump costs £150, thats 150 fills at a quid, fill her every 2 weeks, 300 weeks - time to pay back pump = 6 years! :/

Edited by Shooting Stephen

Hello

My solution...

I have a nasty old break barrel and have updated to a second hand Theoban PCP, Bloody great.

Like it so much I'm on the look out for a 22 FAC.

I spent all my cash on the rifle. :yes:

I do without botle or pump - for now.

My local gun shop fills her (yes her) up for a quid, thats about 200 shots with a Theoban.

This may work out more expensive, and need more trips, if your rifle has a smaller bottles!

I am thinking of a pump so I can be independant, but in no rush.

Steve

Edit - If a pump costs £150, thats 150 fills at a quid, fill her every 2 weeks, 300 weeks - time to pay back pump = 6 years! :/

Thats an intersting comment. The setup price is the thing that would really hurt my pocket and i hadn't thought that you could just pop to your gunshop and ask them to fill it. People are saying well duh but i never thought of that and wondered how people could possibly afford a pcp and all the setup stuff and still say that they had a budget.

So if you dont use your gun a lot no need for a pump or bottle!

No it won't work, well it will work but only if you have an S200 or other gun that takes a sub 200 bar fill! Will run out of breath quicker than an asthmatic running an uphill marathon in lead trainers! Not enough in reserve. You are best off with a 300 bar.

The cylinder you put a link up to is a 200 bar cylinder! it is also an Oxygen cylinder, these can have different fittings to divers air cylinder fittings (Oxygen can be used in industry and in medical situations)!

Also sounds like the valves are knackered!

Edited by secretagentmole

What they are is ex Fire Brigade Breathing apparatus Bottles There`s loads of 9 to 10 litre 210 Bar fill and are filled with breathing air.

They do have a different type of valve on them. They are a safety valve so if the valve is knocked when in a Burning building it cannot be turned off. You have to lift and turn the valve to shut off the air.

The Fire Brigade nation wide are updating to Aluminium 300 Bar bottles so theres loads of these 210 Bar going about. Manchester Airport Fire Brigade threw 20 210 Bar bottles in a skip at the Airport. But security wouldn`t let me have them :sick::cry1: .

Most PCP Rifles run best if you only fill them to 170 Bar i have a Daystate that gives me 70 shoots from a fill of 160 Bar down to 70 Bar if i put more than 170 Bar in it the power drops very low. I also have a logun that only likes a 170 Bar fill :good: .

The Bottles are 10 litre so theres lots of volume there you would get 20-30 fills out of one :good: .

But yes the Bottle is cheap but may need a new valve £20 you sill need gauges £45 plus having it tested £25. :cry1:

A 300 Bar Bottle always cost a lot more than a 232 bar or 210 Bar Bottle.

If you shop around you should find a second hand Bottle with gauges :good: .

I have just got a nice and light Aluminium 3 litre 300 Bar Bottle for a Pensioner Friend of mine. Brand new with pipes and gauges all new from a gun shop ex Display £120. :good:

Thats cheaper than a good pump and a lot better for the guns.

And being 300 Bar it will give him 20-25 fills plus he can fill his BSA super 10 bottle to 232 Bar. Happy :shoot::shoot::shoot:

Edited by NIGHT SEARCHER