Who has got the highest mileage car?

Daveo26

we have a MAN in work which has been right round the clock :good: , something like 1.2 million :lol: , and our scania went over a million too.

My current truck (MAN TGA) is just shy of 500,000, and its 08 plate :D

we have a volvo wagon and drag its on a 58 platejust over a million and a half on it it has 3 drivers per day it only gets an oil check on inspection days which is every month because its always hot

Not my car but when went to look at a new peugeot spoke to the dealer and mentioned my mum had on old 1.9 NA diesel 306 that lasted for years and he said he had a taxi driver customer with a 406 with the same engine with 460000 miles on the clock. The engine never had any major work and all original gearbox and drivetrain.

on the other end of the scale the mother in law has a 51 plate lupo that is just coming up to 20k she has had it 8 years and it had 13k on the clock when she got it lol

she giving up driving next year and giving us the car

colin

Bloody hell Colin that's insane. What a cracking little motor that'll be.

we have a MAN in work which has been right round the clock :good: , something like 1.2 million :lol: , and our scania went over a million too.

My current truck (MAN TGA) is just shy of 500,000, and its 08 plate :D

Man alive that's galactic mileage!!! they are busy old wagons them. There is a firm my way that still runs a c plate cement mixer. Its always flat out (as mixers normally are!!) I see him on sites a lot i keep meaning to ask him what mileage its done. truth be told i bet no one really knows!!!

• 2 weeks later...

not sure if it counts as we sold it end of last year but our 300 discovery

had 189,000 on it when we bought it in 2004

was on 238,000 when we sold it. never really had any problems with it in that time either.

couple of batteries,power steering pump, 2 sets glow plugs, cambelt change and normal oil/filters/belts.

funny thing is a trader bought it, run it round for a couple of months and then we saw it on ebay

advertised as a low mileage, cant remember exactly but around 100,000. we were in 2 minds if we should email the buyer

and let him have the old mot's we still had for it..........think they'd have been a tad upset

My discovery has 149000 on it now 100000 when i bought it and i love it hope i still got it when there's 250000 on it i use it for every thing shooting and every day running

I gave up owning 4wd a couple of years ago...simply because of the running costs. I sold my Defender 90 with only 71k on the clock. It was a fantastic vehicle but not brilliant on fuel...around 28mpg. I now have a citroen berlingo 1.6 diesel van with 16k on the clock.....ok, not a landrover.,..but at 57mpg its a no brainer for me. ;)