prices for pigeon and rabbit

la bala

Game & Tackle have been 30p all year. I heard the one at Bourne was 40p but as I get my cartridges from Cecil & Margaret it made sense to take my Pigeons there too.

I don't take my pigeons to Cecil as much these days. He rejects too many birds for being too small and spends ages checking for eggs at this time of year. If i take the pigeons directly to the game dealer where the birds are processed, i don't get any rejected and the eggs aren't a problem.

I know where you are coming from Motty. That annoys me when they say its small, I say that makes up for the really big one you just had but it never works. One or two had eggs last week but Cecil just took the heads off. Does that mean you take yours to Bourne, I must look that up as one of my various journeys to work is via Bourne. :good:

I know where you are coming from Motty. That annoys me when they say its small, I say that makes up for the really big one you just had but it never works. One or two had eggs last week but Cecil just took the heads off. Does that mean you take yours to Bourne, I must look that up as one of my various journeys to work is via Bourne. :good:

No, i take mine to Bambridges at Watton. I know when they're open. I've made trips to see Cecil with a sackfull or two, only to find they're out and that is during their opening hours.

Motty, I have had that happen too. I live in Spalding, work in Grantham, so left work when I usually work OT and done the 40 mile journey so I can get there before closing time only to find its locked up and closed. That means the same trip again the following evening but earlier.

If I could get cartridges at a similar price locally I may just try elsewhere, but they are still pretty much the cheapest here.

Not quite sure if John Bradshaws still buys game. But he used to give the best price for miles,http://www.johnbradshawguns.co.uk. Failing that try Dave at whittlesey gunshop. www.whittleseygunshop.co.uk

i use a place near chatteris, pigeon frozen 20p. fresh 30p. rabbit 60p. i just wondered what others were paying. you cant eat everything you shoot, and with the price of diesel you cannot run about to far.

i use a place near chatteris, pigeon frozen 20p. fresh 30p. rabbit 60p. i just wondered what others were paying. you cant eat everything you shoot, and with the price of diesel you cannot run about to far.

Agreed mate.... Fuel costs are horrendous and riding about here and there can prove to be expensive. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...