Gun fitting price

cwb4321

i'm only a newbie trying to learn the basics but it would appear that the cost of these services can vary wildly

i would suggest you phone a cspa coach/instructor tell him what gun u have what u want to do etc. and take a lesson with him. He would then be able to suggest the way forward. Dont know how much u paid for your gun but it maybe cheaper to trade it or sell it on gunwatch and get the instructor to choose a more appropriate gun. As a beginner were not talking real rocket science here - but from what ive found out so far, with the help of many of the pigeon watch members is that the gun must "fit" you. My advice would be to spend the money on a professional shotgun instructor to help you

Where are you?

Shouldn't need adjustable to shoot different disciplines. Cost wise depends how much it needs changing the 2 names regularly mentioned are Dennis at uk gun repairs in Somerset and Simon at doveridge both can advise on what needs doing and do te work IIRC

rescent price i was given for full fit using patten plate ? what ever that is would of cost me £288 thats the barn store near royston , iv just added a bit of timber to the stock myself must of got lucky cos its a beaut now inproved my scores massively :good:

Where are you?

Shouldn't need adjustable to shoot different disciplines. Cost wise depends how much it needs changing the 2 names regularly mentioned are Dennis at uk gun repairs in Somerset and Simon at doveridge both can advise on what needs doing and do te work IIRC

+1 for Simon at doveridge from what i've heard

cant comment on Dennis at uk gun repairs as im in the midlands

Andy Harvison from Holloway & Naughton - He does his fitting at Kibworth, he will add bits and pieces onto the gun so that it fits properly and then send you to Simon at Doveridge for the actual work - between them you will have a cracking gun fit :good:

In my case Andy charged me for a couple of hours work (£50/Hour) and Simon charged £60 for the work :good: and because most of my fitting could be done there and then I got half an hour of great coaching :D

I've never looked back since I had mine done and I've recommended loads of people to Andy and they've all been happy :good:

http://www.hollowaynaughton.co.uk/hollowayandnaughongunfitting.php

Edited by Dave T

Where are you?

the person who I shoot with says in order to shoot trap and sporting to start of with I should have one gun with adjustable stock heights and then get a second "trap gun" later on

the person who I shoot with says in order to shoot trap and sporting to start of with I should have one gun with adjustable stock heights and then get a second "trap gun" later on

Get one gun and shoot it at everything. Tweaking the stock every 5 minutes will ruin your shooting.

Totally agree with Ed, I have an adjustable stock on mine and the best bit of advice I was given was set it up how you like it then never touch it again no matter what you shoot.

I know quite a few shooters that shoot sporting with ‘trap guns’ even though they don’t shoot trap, changing how my gun fits would screw up my shooting even more than it already is.

Get one gun and shoot it at everything. Tweaking the stock every 5 minutes will ruin your shooting.

+1

Totally agree with Ed, I have an adjustable stock on mine and the best bit of advice I was given was set it up how you like it then never touch it again no matter what you shoot.

I know quite a few shooters that shoot sporting with ‘trap guns’ even though they don’t shoot trap, changing how my gun fits would screw up my shooting even more than it already is.

I did the same with mine, thought I could "adjust" it for trap...

big mistake, you just end up "fiddling"

I now have it set up how I like it, NEVER to be adjusted again,

Its a sporter and shoot everything with it.

And before anyone asks why buy an adjustable and dont adjust?, its because Brownings have always been to low in the comb for me.

:shaun:

Find a new shooting partner............ All that will do is screw up your sight picture as you learn....

IF you want the gun fitting get it fitted, if you need an adjustable comb have one, but i would have a lesson or two with a well respected instructor first.