Opinions on Shotguns?

eastlincs

hi, im about to buy my first shotgun ive fount 3 i like the look of just wondered what peoples thought were? They are all around the same sort of price range so the price isnt a issue, they are:

Lanber sporting deluxe - brand new

Beretta silver pidgeon s - second hand

Browning b525 sporting - second hand

Im going to go into the shop and have a feel for fit (when the certificate finally gets here) which will probably make the decision for me, but just wondered what peoples thoughts where? Good guns, avoid or look at something else?

thanks

Lanber are good but certainly not in the same league as beretta or browning.

The beretta and Browning will hold their value and are quality guns. I'd go for the browning myself I think.

Out of interest, how much money are you talking about for each of these - that's a better way to determine a bargain :good:

Edited by fo5ter

Hi, the lanber is about £800 and the other two are about £900 all from the same dealer. The browning and beretta are second hand but 2011 or 2010 models cant remember which one and are like new he says and come with the case. Bit expensive for a first gun probably but ive bin saving since i applied for my licence on and off now, which was 7 months ago so ive got more than i originally intended to spend saved up as i was told it usually takes 6 weeks lol.

Edited by joss

The beretta or browning are worth the extra £100.

At the end of the day buy what you can afford to spend - regardless of what gun snobs will say, they all do the same job at the end of the day!

For the money, go for the browning or beretta. I wouldn't bother with the Lanier at these prices.

For even less money there are still plenty of good guns out there :yes:

As already mentioned beretta or browning would be my choice. Some people find that berettas suit them and don't like the feel of brownings and vice versa. Best bet is to try them for fit or if possible shoot them. Personally I would go for the browning. That way people don't think you've borrowed your missus gun. :lol::lol::hmm:

Got to agree with the rest of the lads that both the Browning and Beretta are the better guns. Both in build quality and holding their value....However it doesn`t necessarily mean that they`re the guns for you. If the Lanber fits and `feels` better you`ll naturally feel more comfortable shooting with it. If you feel more comfortable you should shoot a whole lot better. :good:

All guns go bang and spit lead out of one end. The secret is to make sure you are standing at the opposite end to the lead. The Lanber is towards the cheaper end of the market but they have made great strides recently. I bought my Beretta about three years ago and it came with a 10 year guarantee. Check to see if they come with any sort of guarantee. Whichever gun you buy make sure it fits before you comit yourself. That is the overriding thing. Check it for any sloppiness or movement and above all try to shoot each one.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum.

I bought my 1981 Lanber as my first o/u shotgun and it does what it says on the tin, it fires the cartridges I put in the barrels and the shot fires straight :good:

TBH the most importent thing is that the gun fits and not the brand name, all of them will go bang and fire projectiles equally well.

All are good guns. The Beretta and Browning are the better guns, but there is nothing wrong with Lanber. If you point any of them in the right direction they all do the job.

I'd suggest taking someone with you know knows about guns, to check that the second hand ones are OK - it's not good to buy a gun then find out that it's well worn and needs money spending on it.

The main thing is to get whichever feels best to you, and whichever fits best. You'll do far better if the gun fits and feels right, it's important.

i tried about 8 different guns before i bought my lanber it was the one that felt right and the one i could shoot with. :good: try before you buy its not about the make its wot feels right

Yes get a good gunshop to see what fits you , I have had a beretta 686 superb , but the best fit was a browning , my mate has a lanber and spent £500 less and he still out shoots me with it on ocasions aaah Lanbers are good and second hand they are a steal