My reloading set up

docholiday

well finally bit the bullet so to speak and invested in the reloading game, Just wish I had started before, its opened up a whole new world, I am addicted, people have been very kind and shown me the way and as yet I havnt blown anything up, going up the club tomorrow evening to try my first loads.

6385898a.jpg

how much for that lot doc how long to get your investment back or do you just shoot more rounds

Hi Tony

bought the RCBS kit for £390

then bullets £40 / 100

primers £10 for 100

powder £40

Have used brass

Had £600 sitting at Sportsmans following sale of a gun so used it for this, plus got another £100 discount ( I think its because I spend far to much there and they feel sorry for me !!!)

so will take some time to get money back but no doubt over the coming years will pay for itself.

yes will shoot a lot more as you can play around to try and get the perfect round for your rifle

will it alter the number of deer I take ...no

but i have learnt so much already and have found the whole thing heaps of fun and through it have met some great people,

would recommend it to anyone

Doc I dont see a powder trickler in there - quite a useful tool as the powder throwers are never 100% accurate.

Hope the landrover isnt rusting yet with all this rain !!!

Hi Kes

trickler is hiding behind the bit of wood holding the powder dispenser, wouldnt trust just the dispenser even though it seems very accurate so load just below and trickle in to top off.

ps I am pleased to say even with a brand new landrover the rain still comes in around the door

better than the electronic callipers ?

you use one with the calipers basically it has an insert that is the diameter of the barrel so that you measure to where the bullet would engage the rifling rather than the tip. Measuring to the tip is a pain in the backside and depending on bullets can have a fair variation. Looks like this and goes on your calipers

http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/product/934b2378860d639424032460/Hornady+Bullet+Comparator/

p.s shop about for bullets the last .243 sierras I bought were £20 and primers should be next to peanuts.

Edited by al4x

Welcome Doc, to the all consuming reloading anoraks club . Just take your time and take in the important stuff .I am sure you have learned the basics . Dont pay to much attention to some of the stuff you read on hear as it all gets a bit technical and is basically a load of old tosh and will give you more anomaly's to think about . Load your ammo up and test fire and find a nice accurate round for your rifle . Nothing more satisfying than dropping a nice deer with your own ammo . Good luck .

Harnser .