micro chipping

dave1979

I've had mine done but I imagine it would only help if your dog was found wandering the streets or if you had an idea who had stolen your dog. I can't imagine the police stoping every one with a chocolate lab to scan it. They just won't have the time or resources. Ha to be better than nothing though.

Edited by BangBangNik

All my dogs are microchipped and Tattooed , I personaly think that tattooing is a better way of identification.

Regards

Willow32

tattoos can be removed or tatood over or worst case that part cut out if its a dog that appeals to the really wrong sort. Chips they really would be lucky to find and remove.

tattoos can be removed or tatood over or worst case that part cut out if its a dog that appeals to the really wrong sort. Chips they really would be lucky to find and remove.

Yep before chips dogs used to get thier ears cut off to hide this, though chips can be found and removed its rare mostly its when the guy who bought a stolen dog unwittingly takes it to the vet and they find it still in or if it dont sell and gets dumped the animal shelter locates it. Unfortunatly it aint too difficult to cut them out. I like the idea of tatto and chips though cannot find a suitable place to get the tatoo

They tattoo the inside of a dogs ear , if they want to sell the dog on ... Not many people would buy a one eared dog and if they were going to use the dog for breeding it don't matter what you have done it won't see the light of day again. All I say is if a dog goes missing and then found a tattoo is easier to spot ... Chips move and can be missed.

Regards

Willow32

P.s

Tattoo was proof of ownership ... Chips never use to be ... Law might of changed

just booked my 2 in to be micro chipped at 15 quid per dog...does it really help iv your dog gets stolen??

Hi Dave Yes it does help, my springer was staying with a friend while we were on holiday, he had him a couple of days prior to us going, the night before we travelled I had a call from the dog pound telling me my dog had been found, I rang my friend who had been looking for him for two hours was very embarassed but pleased to know he was safe he then arranged to pick him up, it cost £64 to recover him. But well worth it. The dog had a tag with our name and phone number but they chose to call the pond rather than us. Another friend lost his dog on the day a large funeral was being held, the person who had him took him to the vet 15 months later the vet scanned him discovered the person with the dog was not the registered owner the person said he had found the dog but did not tell anyone, after a lot of arguing the police were called and the dog was returned to its rightfull owner.The person who had the dog was the local grave digger.So that is a couple of instances which I hope will convince people to get the chipped.

Mick