Social networking websites and shooting related imagery

Cake444

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not on FB.

You are effectively giving far too much personal information away, even if not to the general public; all that info that you post is now the property of a private company that hasn't even started to exploit the info it holds yet.

You are effectively giving far too much personal information away, even if not to the general public; all that info that you post is now the property of a private company that hasn't even started to exploit the info it holds yet.

Who cares. You'll be dead soon.

They exploit your details right now, for profits. That's it.

If you say you're single, you get dating adverts. If you're engaged, you get stag weekend adverts. If you live in London and are 18-30, you get club night adverts.

That's what they use your info for and it's not going to go much further than that.

Edited by Billy.

It is a case of mind over matter - those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter. I am happy to put the odd shooting pics up but my clay scores I keep top secret! Personally, I think there is a lot of paranoia about this but it also requires a bit of common sense, such as broadcasting when your house will be empty.

Nick

Thanks for all the replies to the thread.

It’s nice to know I’m not the only one who posts images of shooting and hunting on my profile. My profile is only visible to friends at the moment.

It’s a shame that people are so ill exposed to shooting and hunting but will happily pick up a prepared battery chicken off the shelf. What kind of message dose this send out, "its fine as long as somebody else does it for me".

I often forage for wild edibles and combine these with game I’ve shot. A lot of the young lads at work think I’m strange. Their mentality is well adjusted to the system.

I have three friends who like Nickleback!

I used to put shooting related stuff on mine. I found it was a bit of a turn off with most women. So it's either, 'post images and put girls off' or 'get your end away and explain shooting after'

by girls you really mean teenage girls don't you ;)

I have a few Shooting photo's but I restrict access to a few selected friends, as some contain photo's of the days bag or the odd deer I've shot. I have many friends who know I shoot, and have no problems with it, but would not wish to see photographs of that nature, (the mrs included) as such I select who see's them.