BASC or CA

Jimsy

I joined basc as they are shooting 100% and I think CA are still hunting but want shooters money now it suits.

I am in NGO for Keeper support and their advice in game keeping. I joined really early in the organisation, I think my membership number is 160ish.

If I had to choose 1, BASC, no discussion.

Insurance is important I agree, but the big picture is what the orgs deliver.

I am a basc member because shooting is my main interest, and basc have the expertise to deliver on shooting and lead on the main issues that impact on shooting.

I am also a ca member because they deliver on the broader countryside issues. I know they have recently got busy on shooting, but at the end of the day their real expertise is on the wider countryside issues. IMHO

I am also a gwct member to support the research they do.

And last but not least I support the angling trust because fishing is my second love.

With monthly DD it helps to spread the cost

David

Just looking into joining either BASC or the CA for this coming season.

what's your opinions of each please??

Like everything, each have their pros and cons.

I have never been a member of either.

Thanks

If there is any bad news about shooting then you can garantee BASC will be commenting and being interviwed about it on that nights news etc.

it used to be BASC and the british field sports society. they both had sepparate roles but once foxhunting went and BFSS went and CA emerged the new organisation went looking for anyone who might join them, no bad thing if it don't fracture memberships of the existing representitives. Unfortunatly it seems it does which is no good for any of us, as some are only looking for insurance not a representitive body.

We all might be much better served by just one body (less costs / more clout) but that aint ever going to happen, might i suggest you join both OR the one most specific to your intrests