Gun Watch

Grandalf

How long does this Gun Watch 'Admin Approval', that is a must have before advertising a gun on PW, normally take?

The registration process says that it is done twice a day but I have been waiting 24 hours.

If there is a problem then how do I know?

Any idea Mr Moderator?

Edited by Grandalf

Why cant you just list guns on this site anymore? Another money making scheme I guess?

I hope you're joking.

If not, you could always apply for a refund of all the money you've ever paid Pigeon Watch.

It does work, there's obviously a glitch or Teal might be on holiday. I put a gun on there a couple of weeks ago, it appeared on PW the following day and sold the day after.

No

You can list on the SD for free. I can advertise in the local paper for free. This site gets discounts/money from sponsorships anyway. Why should you pay for listing a gun that gets the website more hits/sponsorships? I only ever viewed the site originally to look at the sales section and only reason I registered was to message someone to buy a gun.

Just seems weird when other sites do it for free :good:

From memory you can sell 3 guns a year for free on GunWatch then if you sell more they are £5 per ad.

Teal must have very good reasons, like holiday or something, as he is normally very prompt. :good:

That seems fair enough then. If you're a dealer then a £5 is nothing.

Was just a lot easier when you could do it all in 1 post rather than registering ect :good:

Yes you do get three deals a year which I guess would be enough for most amateurs. It is a good system and in fact makes sense when you see it in operation, especially with the search facilities and the ability to write what amounts to a 'proper' classified ad.

That seems fair enough then. If you're a dealer then a £5 is nothing.

Was just a lot easier when you could do it all in 1 post rather than registering ect :good:

Not sure what the dealer rate is. The £5 after 3 free ones is the private seller rate.

I see what you mean but after registering once, it is just as easy?

the new system is a pain compared to the old way … BUT .. i can see why its been done .. some people sell lots of guns on PW inc some dealers so why not put a little charge on it and raise a little funding for the site to help cover costs etc … if the sites busy then bandwidth will soon get eaten up and costs will rise … i don't think £5 is an unfair price to ask :good: