Martini Henry restoration?

BIG 5

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Martini-Henry-Parts-and-accessories?_rdc=1

This guy is affectionately known in some circles as Zulu Neil - a real authority on the wars and Martini rifles.

This is his (somewhat limited) ebay shop.

I'm trying to find who does replacement woodwork - I know someone does and I've probably saved it somewhere!

What is the calibre?

HTH

It is either the Cavalry Carbine or the Artillery Carbine. They were made at the Small Arms Factory at Enfield.

Can you put a pic up showing the cocking indicator on the other side of the action. That way we might be able to narrow it down to which it is

Without the forestock and barrel bands it is going to be hard to tell UNLESS it has the small cocking indicator.

The calibre will be .577/.450.

Edited by Zapp

• 2 months later...

if your looking for woodwork log on to international millitary antiques ,

its an american firm, it bought the entire contents of the royal nepal armoury back in 2002 and is selling p53 enfields , martinis henrys, sniders , brunswicks , brown bess etc etc , they carry a good selection of martini woodwork and spares for all the makes of rifles i mentioned , fantastic firm to deal with very fast delivery . very good prices all in all , and very good people to deal with ,also very fast delivery to the uk usually around the 8 day mark

BTW if you do manage to get the old gal firing again see the thumb scallop on the action put your right thumb there when firing her , if you wrap your thumb round the stock she,ll break your nose because shes a hard kicking girl

,shes a 577/450 m/h most probbaly an artillery carbine and if you use a full power rifle load she,ll kick like a mule , carbine rounds were loaded lighter than infantry rounds , though both rounds could be used in both long and short rifles ,

brass can be formed out of 24 bore magtec brass cases easily when you know how , lee reloading makes the loading dies , can be challanging to reload for , but great fun to fire if you want to know anymore info on reloading for it , send me p/m and i,ll be happy to be of assistance