Fake cigarette caused M6 police Megabus coach swoop

Thunderbird

the thing is they could never do the right thing, look at the coach destination and what would happen if there was a terrorist event this side of the olympics. Thats also without knowing if they have any other information we don't know about and you start to see the reasoning. Good training exercise as well :oops:

Heard about this last night.

Not sure how I feel about it really. Interesting quote "A force spokeswoman said, given the credibility of the information received, officers "responded swiftly and proportionately".

I don't know all the details .... only what the BBC said... so very little really. But, don't you think that the owner of the bag (who was on the bus) would have said....." that is my bag - I'll take a look as I am pretty sure that I did not pack a bomb in there with my clean Knicky-Knacky-Knoows this morning"

Then take it away and open it to check what was making the "vapour"

What is going to happen next time a girls vibrator goes off in her luggage at an airport? :lol:

i would say she would get a stiff talking too :oops:

Get yer coat... ;)

They didn't know it was a fake cigarette, probably thought it was a real one. It was obviously a proportionate response to ensure that somebody wasn't smoking on the bus.

'Elf and Safety gone mad I tells ya!

Part of me says this was a genuine mistake,but the sceptic in me says the Police went the whole way to maybe use as a reason to protect them from budget cuts.

no protecting us, more like they responded with the info available, dammned if u do dammed if u don't. Would't like to have been the sneaky smoker when it came out though.

They didn't know it was a fake cigarette, probably thought it was a real one. It was obviously a proportionate response to ensure that somebody wasn't smoking on the bus.

My money's on a moronic anti-smoking zealot with a mobile he can't leave alone who should have checked a bit further before calling the police.

My money's on a moronic anti-smoking zealot with a mobile he can't leave alone who should have checked a bit further before calling the police.

Probably looked up from reading his Daily Mail and noticed a little bit of vapour coming from the "fuzzy wuzzy's" bag (because let's face it, we all know there will be a lot of prejudice involved in the decision) and thought "I bet that immigrant fella is probably a homosexual who will steal my job and devalue my house, I'll call the old bill and have them do a Menezes on him"...