Whats My Chances ?

peek-at

I have had my FAC for 3 years with an air rifle & Rimmy on it.

It is a closed licence therefore any land I wish to shoot must have first been cleared by the plod.

I have just sent off an email to FLO requesting that the terms of my certificate be relaxed allowing me open conditions, if not on both, at least on my air rifle.

I have stated that as my air rifle has fully adjustable power to sub 12ft/lbs levels it would be suitable for smaller patches of land/land not cleared for FAC etc but the 'closed' conditions means I cant use it.

What do you fellas think my chances are? :hmm: ... :no: ... :yes:

hi, if you where in s/yorks your chances would be zero, they would just say buy a sub 12 airgun if you require it that much. some forces will vary though.

i had to give two letters of competence, two fresh plots of land to be cleared and a letter from a mentor who also had a open ticket.. :huh: but hay, you never know.

good luck. you never know unless you ask. :yes:

I'm pretty sure to have the power altered on that gun, you'll need to have it run past a gunsmith, so you could end up paying out a small fortune for every trip.

Get some letters of recommendation from fellow shooters and just ask for an open ticket - it's only an airgun. Don't complicate things by saying you want to adjust the power - a gun is a gun and if it's 30ft/lbs or 12 ft/lbs, it'll still kill.

I'm pretty sure to have the power altered on that gun, you'll need to have it run past a gunsmith, so you could end up paying out a small fortune for every trip.

Get some letters of recommendation from fellow shooters and just ask for an open ticket - it's only an airgun. Don't complicate things by saying you want to adjust the power - a gun is a gun and if it's 30ft/lbs or 12 ft/lbs, it'll still kill.

The rifle has an adjuster knob to turn power up/down instantly...Thats not the problem.

It would just be handy to be able to use 'one tool for the job' if u know what i mean....

Edited by peek-at

I have had my FAC for 3 years with an air rifle & Rimmy on it.

It is a closed licence therefore any land I wish to shoot must have first been cleared by the plod.

I have just sent off an email to FLO requesting that the terms of my certificate be relaxed allowing me open conditions, if not on both, at least on my air rifle.

I have stated that as my air rifle has fully adjustable power to sub 12ft/lbs levels it would be suitable for smaller patches of land/land not cleared for FAC etc but the 'closed' conditions means I cant use it.

What do you fellas think my chances are? :hmm: ... :no: ... :yes:

I was told you have to have had an FAC for five years before you can apply for an open ticket.

But each constabulary seems to have there own rules.

Good luck.

I was told you have to have had an FAC for five years before you can apply for an open ticket.

But each constabulary seems to have there own rules.

Good luck.

Thats the general rule and not a bad one realy, some areas totally ignoor it though. 5 shot auto shotguns and fac air are sometimes issued "open" from the get go but i dont think thats the case in Lancs

Some forces grant open certificates on a first application, some require you to wait 18 months for each caliber, some 5 years, others less if you prove you really need it...

Simply put, unless someone on here can give experience of a similar thing with the same force your in, you'll just have to wait and see as it varies wildly. They might be more lenient as it's not a real rifle.

It was granted !

All I had to do was ask a shooting buddy to write me a 'reference' and send that in with my certificate.

Gives me some flexibility now as regards where I can take my FAC air rifle and also means I can risk assess any new permissions for myself without asking FLO.

:)

hi, if you where in s/yorks your chances would be zero, they would just say buy a sub 12 airgun if you require it that much. some forces will vary though.

i had to give two letters of competence, two fresh plots of land to be cleared and a letter from a mentor who also had a open ticket.. :huh: but hay, you never know.

good luck. you never know unless you ask. :yes:

WRONG i had mine open after 7 months from grant and open on c/f evan tho id never had 1 as far as south yorkshire have bin with me i can only give then praise only ever had 1 question why do you want a WMR and HMR ?...and still got both

as far as op just ask them get a few letters saying your safe and they will give you it

Do you need to ask for it to be opened at your first renewal or do they just do it? Mines in march just wondered if it would come back open :hmm: No too fussed really but it would be handy, I've turned down various one off rabbit clearances because I'm on a closed ticket and didn't see he point going through the hassle of getting the land cleared.

Do you need to ask for it to be opened at your first renewal or do they just do it? Mines in march just wondered if it would come back open :hmm: No too fussed really but it would be handy, I've turned down various one off rabbit clearances because I'm on a closed ticket and didn't see he point going through the hassle of getting the land cleared.

I would specifically ask for it.....they may ask you for a 'reference' as they did for me.

The land may well already have been cleared by FLO...quick phone call to check?

:good:

WRONG i had mine open after 7 months from grant and open on c/f evan tho id never had 1 as far as south yorkshire have bin with me i can only give then praise only ever had 1 question why do you want a WMR and HMR ?...and still got both

as far as op just ask them get a few letters saying your safe and they will give you it

How did you justify two magnum rimfires Tony?