What are the signs a fox is about

Was walking around the other afternoon and in a field of long grass there a large tree.

Now under the tree the grass had been flattened are these the signs of fox ? There was a bit of a stink aswell.

Also what are the other signs to look for.

The first two pics I am stood against the trunk looking out

79954540.jpg

9a57467c.jpg

fd6be3d2.jpg

Edited by JDsniper

yep, very acrid hum. is there any ginger fluff caught in that fence?

Not that I could see but was being used as run through for somthing,

Just carnt explain why this area was flat also the dog couldn't help but have a good sniff around.

It may be linked to being long grass under the tree, if it was a litter of cubs you'd expect probably to be more flattened than that and some feathers and fur left behind. Thats not to say its not had a fox wander through hence the smell but its getting a bit late to have cubs concentrated in areas near the hole.

your birds start to disapear, you find wings and such like spread around and you see them when out with the lamp. when your used to the smell you catch it at crossing points and the like. depresions in grass can be Deer, stock or a couring couple etc (though perhaps not in this weather)

be lucky to see anything round here with the lamp at the moment :oops: its a challenge getting on any foxes with the cover about

Tell me about it, jeeze cant even see the 10mnth old Lab out training now once he is out you just have to wait till he comes back with the dummy.

Its ridiculous here got birds turning up next week and foxing is ridiculous, you put weeks into trying to ambush them in trackways etc then you get one like last night, baited an area for a few days checked and replaced the bait at 9pm got up the high seat and turned round and there was a fox on it already, shot and job done. On the only shootable place which is an emerging cover crop, still as we have a partridge pen there its worth lots of points.

Its so wet harvest is going to be particularly late at this rate and I think the concern is starting that it may be a very hard one to get in the shed, all desperately needs some sun now

Its ridiculous here got birds turning up next week and foxing is ridiculous, you put weeks into trying to ambush them in trackways etc then you get one like last night, baited an area for a few days checked and replaced the bait at 9pm got up the high seat and turned round and there was a fox on it already, shot and job done. On the only shootable place which is an emerging cover crop, still as we have a partridge pen there its worth lots of points.

Its so wet harvest is going to be particularly late at this rate and I think the concern is starting that it may be a very hard one to get in the shed, all desperately needs some sun now

Snares? not suitable here mind you