Which ear protection

T-Bolt94

Yes, I find them very comfortable and though they have a slightly deafening effect when fitted I can hear conversation easily enough. They certainly do what they are meant to do reducing the noise levels of gun reports. I hate over ear defenders or I would buy some electronic ones as I don't like being deafened as you are by passive devices including foam plugs.

I looked at my local hearing centre but they were cheaper by signing up to Boots Hearing Club (something like that anyway) online. You get a discount as a member on anything related to hearing kit incl. ear defenders. Once subscribed I then made appointment for local Boots to take the mouldings. I think it saved about £10 - £15 doing it through them.

I have a couple of mates who put me onto them who have had theirs for quite a few years and wouldn't use anything else.

Hi mate thanks for the info, I've booked my ears in to be measured up, I'm sure there up for the job :good:

Personalyl I would buy the best I could afford I now where CENS for all my shooting and as I wore cheap when I was younger and believed a moderated rifle would not damage my hearing I wear a hearing aid when not shooting.

You only get one chance to protect your ears don't waste it. It only takes one unlucky exposure I'm 31 so not an old man either.

I completely agree , Iv'e been shooting various guns , high caliber ,allsorts and I have tinatus , then I got a set of CENS , wish I'd got them years ago as they're amazing . Take time to get used to but brilliant.I instruct most weekends and shoot all week , I would be lost without em .

Edited by sevy

The mould your own cheapys are pretty good off the bay, but best I have is the Howard leight ones. Really comfy and work bang on. If anything you can hear better as it amplifies the noise but blocks the bang 57 I think they was but worth it

Howard Leight Impact Sport Electronic Earmuff - from America but with the £13 customs fee I saved only a few quid. People rate them but I have ringing in the ears after using them, so I stick a pair of ear plugs in as well and turn the volume up a bit. Arco sell the stick on cotton covers - they are a must have

Hang on I think we might be at cross purposes here. I've got the Howard Leight ones and nobody would describe them as thin. I find them really good.

Have I got the wrong end of the stick???

They were thinner than the passive ones I used to use. I bought the lad a pair of Peltor 3M and although they have a higher profile but I find that cut out way more sound - maybe the Howard Leigh just don't suit my head? But they are fine with some ear plugs in as well