how often do you shoot a month

storme37

I am out at least five times a week right throughout the year . Mostly shooting some times on pigeon watch . How much dos it cost ? I havent a clue . I dont have a job and I am sure as hell not looking for one . I shall see my days out living off the state .

Harnser .

Edited by Harnser

Couple of times a week, work weather and family dependant.

Don't spend much mind, me and a buddy collect scrap metal from kind folks who ring and let us know so it don't go else were, pays for cartridges and equipment easily over the year.

Don't clay shoot. have a morning on the crows every week before work and shed about 20 no.6s on average fox and pigeon every chance and try to save the bunnies until September. beat once a week in season and help out with birds pens and turn up at work parties gets me a meal and at least one day on the stand.

so all cheap cheerful here but enjoy it as much as any man

I'm out about 3 times a month, sometimes more, sometimes less. As for budget, I don't have spare cash to spend so I sell excess bunnies to fund anything I need. I tend to sell 5-10 per outing at 2 pounds a piece so I cover costs and have enough for a few extras here and there.

My job means I have ample budget but no time to spend it, especially as my permissions are 2 hours away on a good run

Isn't life ironic

I fish more because I can do that nearer by, shooting wise once a month be it clays or air rifle on rabbits/pigeon out of season, more often in season on birds

its very rare if a day goes by when i dont shoot something, when i walk the dog at night i always (unless when its chucking it down) have the .22lr with me and there is always rabbits to shoot, 7 last night down in front of the house. i get to the clays most thursday nights after work in the summer and usually shoot 3 rounds of OSK. in the widfowling season i am out just about every saturday, both for a morning flight and a night flight plus night flights through the week after work early in the season when its still light. its hard to say what i spend a month, i never really keep count, infact its probably best i dont know because i am sure my wife can read my mind and i cant have her finding out :no:

its very rare if a day goes by when i dont shoot something, when i walk the dog at night i always (unless when its chucking it down) have the .22lr with me and there is always rabbits to shoot, 7 last night down in front of the house. i get to the clays most thursday nights after work in the summer and usually shoot 3 rounds of OSK. in the widfowling season i am out just about every saturday, both for a morning flight and a night flight plus night flights through the week after work early in the season when its still light. its hard to say what i spend a month, i never really keep count, infact its probably best i dont know because i am sure my wife can read my mind and i cant have her finding out :no:

try every sunday to go pigeon shooting but last 4 have washed out clays every two months ,6quid for 25 clays .bulk buy cartridges so probably makes 20 to 30 quid a month ish .luckily mrs boss says get out cause we work together so its no bother .

yep and never tell the wife how much yor gun cost always tell them 200 pound cheaper than yu paid for it :lol:

i always tell the mrs how much i've spent on guns and shooting stuff,and if she moans about the cost i tell her its got nothing to do with her as she's not into shooting! i don't moan when she's buying clothes.