Eagleman

I'm new to this Forum and just want say "hello". Not sure which Forum to put this type of post on but hope this one is ok.

My user name of Eagleman is really a self-referential joke as I have long been terribly short-sighted although that didn't stop me shooting from age 15 with a BSA Airsporter. I did this for quite a few years and then just sort of drifted out of shooting (and fishing). My eyes started to deteriorate even more and it was discovered that I had cataracts in both eyes. Moorfields Eye Hospital sorted my eyes out and I can now see fine - near 20 / 20 in the left eye (but I'm right eyed!). So I decided to take up shooting again and have recently got FAC air and shotgun certificate.

I started again with air rifle and now have a Weiraurch HW100T .22; Theoben Fenman Profile .20 and a Rapid 7 Mark 1 .22. This latter gun has been uprated by Ben Taylor to FAC. I also have a Fabarm Gamma2 Sporter 12 bore. I hope to get a .22 rimfire next year.

I may "know" some of you from other airgun forums but I'm still a complete greenhorn on here and a greenhorn generally come to that! I am sure that I will learn a lot from you guys.

Alan

:)

Sounds like you are off to a flying start!

Thanks pin.

Interestingly enough, my nickname throughout my life from my friends has been and still is "Pin". I got that label when aged 15 (tall and thin) and playing football at school and it stuck. It never occurred to me to use it as a user name (not that I could on here anyway!).

Sounds like you are off to a flying start!

Thanks pin.

Interestingly enough, my nickname throughout my life from my friends has been and still is "Pin". I got that label when aged 15 (tall and thin) and playing football at school and it stuck. It never occurred to me to use it as a user name (not that I could on here anyway!).

omg, you have a much better explanation for the same name than I do (check the how did you get your username post, its pinned somwhere).