Lightforce Lamp

I have used 170s and 240s for many years, usual issues with wiring and switches but nothing to bad, not seen anything that is better. If buying new today I would be looking toward these new smaller LED type lamps that clip onto a scope. Friend was playing with one a few weeks ago, he had 7 first night out but then had a heart attack and died without telling me what it was.

A

I have used 170s and 240s for many years, usual issues with wiring and switches but nothing to bad, not seen anything that is better. If buying new today I would be looking toward these new smaller LED type lamps that clip onto a scope. Friend was playing with one a few weeks ago, he had 7 first night out but then had a heart attack and died without telling me what it was.

A

the selfish ***.

joke btw

Dont think the HID ones would be worth the price.. The 170 is one of the best lamps in the market at the moment. Great piece of kit and gives you plenty of range to spot eyes well out in the distance.

The only fault with lightforce lamps is the crappy wiring but a 4 year old could fix the simple connection.

got mine on a dimmer but it does sound a bit tinny if the cable rubs over it i shoot over a red or amber filter

I've used a 140 for years and it works well. However, my pref now is for a scope mounted LED - the (slight) disadvantage being that when a red filter is used, more light is 'lost' since the LED light is much cooler than tungsten light so more is filtered out.

Hi Scot, Hope yer well mate....

I've got a 170,had it for two years.. and love it,..BUT the wiring was replaced before I bought it....its light enough to use on a scope mount. My mate has one of those HD lamps, bought the conversion kit off Evilbay,cost around £95 from Oz land.... not seen it in action yet, but he likes it.... Another mate bought one of those 3000 lumen variable flood/spot torches, cost was £30,uses it on top of his scope, and he swears by it..when my 170 dies, i'll be going the 3000 Lumen torch route..:)

Edited by Norrie

Have had one for a couple of years, it's the 170 handheld which i roof mount now and again. It's good but have just got a clulite and it's brilliant.

Want to to swap the handheld for a permanent roof mount version.