Decoy Birds

steve_b_wales

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/169407-homemade-crow-socks/page__p__1435385__hl__%2Bcrow+%2Bsocks__fromsearch__1#entry1435385

Similar to the ones ive knocked up steve :good: ive also made a batch in correx (very light)ive had some good bags over them :good: let us know when you give them a go mate :good: BB

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/169407-homemade-crow-socks/page__p__1435385__hl__%2Bcrow+%2Bsocks__fromsearch__1#entry1435385

Similar to the ones ive knocked up steve :good: ive also made a batch in correx (very light)ive had some good bags over them :good: let us know when you give them a go mate :good: BB

The plan is to put a load of the Correx decoys out (I'm still making them) and see what reaction I get with the corvids. If I'm not happy, I will revert back to the full body/shell decoys. I can't see them not working though.

The Correx board is extremely light,and a dozen decoys only weigh a few ounces.

I got the shape of the bird by googling Crow/Jackdaw. For the spikes,I used some lengths of thin coat hanger wire,and inserted them into the Correx. By altering the angle of the wire,the bird can be in an 'up or feeding' position.

The plan is to put a load of the Correx decoys out (I'm still making them) and see what reaction I get with the corvids. If I'm not happy, I will revert back to the full body/shell decoys. I can't see them not working though.

The Correx board is extremely light,and a dozen decoys only weigh a few ounces.

I got the shape of the bird by googling Crow/Jackdaw. For the spikes,I used some lengths of thin coat hanger wire,and inserted them into the Correx. By altering the angle of the wire,the bird can be in an 'up or feeding' position.

They look good mate :good: they will defo get the birds into range,like i said earlier ive had some good days over mine :good: much more convincing than the crow FUDS i bought :yes: BB

• 3 months later...

Hi just wondered if these actually really do work as been thinking of making some !! As any body made any pigeon decoys and how did you make them and did they work

To answer your question, Yes, they do work. I put approx 15 out in a field, and within minutes, Jackdaw's were coming in, and landing right by them.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have around 60 of these homemade decoys, and I'm waiting for the chance to get up the farm and try all these in one go. Up close, they don't look much, but from the air, ar at some distance, they really are impressive and look real.

Thanks for the reply is it possible to make pigeon decoys and has any body had any sucess

hi mate

yes they do work me and a mate shot 150 plus crows last sunday starting with 14 plywood ones i made if you pm me

your email address i will send you a close up pic and details to make your own

atb dolphin