686e

GunFire

I'm in the market for my first gun.

I've seen a lovely S/H 686e with black action. It's £1250 in great condition. I've shot 25 carts through it and it fits quite nicely. At £1250 it's pushing my budget but I do like it a lot. I am a newbie so I still need the basic kit such as gun slip, eye protection, cleaning kit etc. The gun is at a gun shop and the bonus with that is that they have agreed to throw in the extras for free. I know I could find the gun cheaper online but I wouldn't get the extra kit. Is this a good first purchase or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Advise appriciated please!

Had a similar situation when I bought my first gun miroku mk38 sporter, new at £1250 or secondhand at £850, both in mint condition. Guess what I did, save the extra to spend on the additional kit, that'll cost you around £50.00 and the rest on cartridges £150.00 for a thousand.

If you're only just starting out, my advice is don't blow all of your money, keep some back for clays and cartridges :good:

I'm in the market for my first gun.

I've seen a lovely S/H 686e with black action. It's £1250 in great condition. I've shot 25 carts through it and it fits quite nicely. At £1250 it's pushing my budget but I do like it a lot. I am a newbie so I still need the basic kit such as gun slip, eye protection, cleaning kit etc. The gun is at a gun shop and the bonus with that is that they have agreed to throw in the extras for free. I know I could find the gun cheaper online but I wouldn't get the extra kit. Is this a good first purchase or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Advise appriciated please!

That makes the extras very expensive as they would add up to approx £60 if bought separately.

Shop around as others have said.

I have a mint 18 month old 28" barelled 686e and would be over the moon if i get £1000 for it when I come to trade it in against an £1800 gun.

Without seeing what you have seen it is difficult, but I would say it is over priced.

ATB

If it's the black one I saw yesterday, buy it quick before I go back and you're left with the silver one.

If you're happy with the price, get it. I would definatly want some freebies at that price or take a grand in crisp notes, 5 minutes before he closes.

Thanks for the input guys.

I held off buying the gun for now as I do feel it's a little expensive. I keep thinking about it though. It did fit nicely and I did shoot well with it. I know I can find the same gun cheaper elsewhere but might not be able to "try before u buy".

Thanks again

The 686E is a very nice gun, one of my local places was selling the silver version new for £1300 new when they were discontinued. Hard choice, worth pricing up the extras they are giving you to see what the gun is effectivally costing you.

Some gun shops will give some discount when buying a gun and the extras at the same time, which may aor may not be equivelent to what you have been offered.